Search The Blog
- Always dreamed of owning your own castle? Here’s five ways to turn that dream into a reality.
- The sale of JK Rowling’s former Edinburgh home
- What is the future for UK house prices – Still waiting for Doomsday in 2013?
- UK Government to provide £10 billion of lending guarantees
- Sales Market in Scotland
Scottish housing market letting bulletin – June 2013
Today we have released our latest letting bulletin, it succinctly summarises the conditions in the residential letting market in the Scottish housing market.
- Scottish rents continue to rise in the first part of 2013. Aberdeen continues to show the strongest rental demand with mix adjusted rents up over 5% on the year.
- The buy-to-let mortgage market continues to demonstrate strong landlord and tenant demand for rental property. Buy-to-let continues to grow as a proportion of the overall mortgage market. However, the Young Index indicates that this growth may slow.
- FLS has been extended in a bid to maintain the progress made in the lending markets. It has now been made available for banks to lend to property investors and landlords and offers them the chance to stretch their equity and widen their portfolios.