Search The Blog
- Always dreamed of owning your own castle? Here’s five ways to turn that dream into a reality.
- The sale of JK Rowling’s former Edinburgh home
- UK Government to provide £10 billion of lending guarantees
- Sales Market in Scotland
- What is the future for UK house prices – Still waiting for Doomsday in 2013?
Scottish Housing Market Sales Bulletin – May 2013
Today we have released our latest sales bulletin, it succinctly summarises the conditions in the residential sales market in Scotland.
- Steady as she goes in the Scottish housing market, with average prices remaining stable and a small uplift in transaction levels. Transactions are now 25% higher than they were at the bottom of the market in early 2009.
- Significant variation across Scotland. Particularly noteworthy is the sharp rise in activity in Midlothian, partly accounted for by new house building; and transaction up by nearly 20% in the Borders as falling prices are making property more attractive to purchase here
- Increased lending activity and falling mortgage rates indicate that the Government’s Funding for Lending Scheme is having an effect