Rettie & Co Complaints Procedure
1. A person has been appointed in this office to deal with complaints and you should not hesitate to contact the relevant person. Details are set out below:
Becky Lindsay, Chief Operating Officer
Rettie & Co, 11 Wemyss Place, Edinburgh, EH3 6DH
Tel: 0131 220 4160 Direct Line: 0131 624 4060 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Where your complaint is initially made orally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the person dealing with it.
3. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint we will contact you in writing within seven days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
4. Within twenty-one days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you, in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
5. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, you should contact:
Simon J Rettie, FCIS - Managing Director, Rettie & Co.
Registered Office: Deuchrie, Dunbar, East Lothian EH42 1TG.
Edinburgh Office: Tel. 0131 220 4160 Direct Line: 0131 624 9047
6. If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, then we will attempt to resolve this promptly through negotiations and otherwise agree to enter into mediation with you in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) model mediation procedure, or the mediation process operated by the Disputes Resolution Service of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
7. If the complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, we will ask you in writing if you prefer the complaint to be referred to:
a) The Surveyors Ombudsman Service, operated by the Institution in Scotland since 2004, and now UK-wide. The Ombudsman is Ian Smith, who can be contacted by letter at PO Box 1021, Warrington, WA4 9FE. Tel: 0845 0508181
Email: email@example.com; or
b) Another scheme approved by the Institution.