Edinburgh Market Review | Autumn 2018
We are delighted to release our Edinburgh Market Review, courtesy of the Rettie & Co. research team, Scotland’s largest dedicated property research team.
Click here to download the pdf
- Average house prices in 2018 are 6% higher than in 2017.
- Overall, transaction levels have dropped back on 2017 levels with the most recent figures down 11% year-on-year.
- Stock levels (defined by number of listings) in Edinburgh are up on 2017 by around 10%, unlocking chains and providing greater opportunities in the market.
- Areas of prime housing have seen the greatest increase in stock levels as they take advantage of rising prices and pent-up demand after stalling in the wake of LBTT.
- Concerns over Brexit are now becoming more prominent in the market for some buyers and sellers.