We are delighted to release our Edinburgh Market Review, courtesy of the Rettie & Co. research team, Scotland’s largest dedicated property research department.
- Stock levels in Edinburgh rose strongly at the end of 2018 and this has continued into 2019.
- The city experienced small year-on-year falls in price and activity in Q1 2019.
- Average house prices in the city rose 6.6% in 2018, while transactions fell back -8.8%, resulting in market turnover down 2.8%.
- Activity at the start of 2019 is pointing to market consolidation but stock and enquiry levels point toward persisting demand.
- Contrary to other parts of the UK, Edinburgh’s economic outlook and market sentiment is positive, underpinning continued housing demand in the city.
- Within the city, most postcode areas have experienced increased housing supply in 2019.