We are delighted to release our Scottish Residential Market Review, courtesy of the Rettie & Co. research team, Scotland’s largest dedicated property research team.
Click here to download the pdf
- House prices in Scotland have continued to rise in 2018, up around 5% nationally from the start of the year.
- Demand in the upper LBTT price brackets has continued into the Autumn market in core urban areas.
- Edinburgh and Glasgow lead the market in terms of demand and price increases, up 6% year-on-year, compared to 3.6% in Dundee and -1.1% in Aberdeen.
- Transaction activity is down 4% year-on-year as the market consolidates after a number of years of rising volumes.
- There is evidence that market activity is beginning to slow in the late Autumn as Brexit uncertainty looms, but strong demand and robust prices persist in core markets.