Reports to: Director, Lettings
Purpose of role
This wide and varied role focuses on the design, implementation and management of both financial, operational and client reporting systems across our entire Lettings business. Assisting the department Director to ensure that, following a recent database system change, the department provides a robust platform for both organic and acquisitive growth.
You will be responsible for the following:
Management of the Client Accounts Function
Preparation of Management Accounts – Edinburgh Festival Rentals Limited
Management Reporting – Branch & Consolidation
Portfolio Performance Reporting
Asset Management Reporting
Procedural Consistency and Compliance
Customer Service Reporting
Other Key Responsibilities
· Collating and analysing data from various sources in order to produce and present detailed management reports to the management team (SME, Sage, Xero and Excel).
· Work with the IT Manager and accounts team in order to ensure that highly detailed and accurate management accounts consisting of profit and loss accounts for each portfolio / profit centre, monthly balance sheets, variance analysis and objective commentary are produced.
· Preparation and presentation of monthly consolidated management accounts for the department as a whole including both financial and operational KPIs.
· Building and implementing a client reporting system and providing appropriately detailed asset performance statements to both our corporate and private clients.
· Assisting the department Director and Branch Managers in the production of detailed and accurate budgets and forecast models.
· Assisting the department Director in the training of other staff member to raise the financial literacy of the department as a whole to the benefit of our clients.
· Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial staff accompanied by objective commentary, insights and advice.
· Improving the efficiency of our financial systems and processes while ensuring alignment with our client’s interests.
· Drive continual improvement in reporting systems with a focus on greater access and the better presentation of live data and dashboards for both the portfolio managers and the senior management team.
· Compile and maintain a detailed procedural manual and training guide to ensure procedural consistency across fee earners / branches and assist in the training of new staff.
· Ensure compliance with the RICS client money handling regulations across the department.
· Assist the Branch Managers in achieving their compliance objectives including those in respect of AMOL, CPR/BPR and Data Protection.
Maintaining Company and Operational Standards – to ensure standards are met and a continuous learning approach is adopted
· Follow and comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Build, implement and monitor robust financial control systems where required.
· Take responsibility for and adopt a proactive approach to learning and personal development.
· Develop your critical thinking and knowledge in order to best advise our clients.
· Ensure professional behaviour supports and reinforces the values of the Rettie brand.
· Attend all compliance and other company training as required
· Educated to Degree Level
· Experience of a client accounting environment.
· Highly proficient in the use of IT systems.
· High level of technical ability in MS Excel.
· High level of accuracy and the ability to work to critical deadlines.
· Persistent attitude to query resolution.
· Experience of a client accounting environment and the management of client funds.
· Experience of residential investment appraisals and yield analysis.
· Proven ability to produce detailed and accurate management reports.
· Detailed knowledge of the PRS in Scotland.· In depth understanding of all compliance legislation relevant to the Scottish PRS.
· Client focussed
· Effective prioritisation
· Effective under pressure
· Working collaboratively
· Effective communicator
· Business acumen
· Full, clean driving licence
· ARLA Qualifications
· CIH Qualifications
· Accountancy / Reporting Qualification
· Experience of SME Professional
· Experience of Sage
· Experience of Xero
· Experience of MS PowerBI
· Experience of MS Sharepoint.
· Experience in the design and build of reporting systems and relational databases.
· Professional services background.
To apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org