Portfolio Manager - Edinburgh Lettings
If you are an experienced Portfolio Manager and excel in providing an exceptional level of client experience, we have a great new role available for you in our Edinburgh Lettings team.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for all aspects of the lettings and management process across a defined portfolio of client assets and the fee income derived from these assets. You will focus on improving the performance of the assets under your management to the benefit of your landlord clients while increasing the fee income derived from your portfolio.
As the principle point of contact for your landlords, you will be required to build strong and lasting relationships by delivering an exceptional client experience in terms of both customer service and asset performance.
You will work collaboratively with your colleagues and ensure that our processes are constantly being improved in order that you can provide the best possible asset management service to your clients.
You will be expected to work closely with in your POD which will be made up of one other portfolio manager and one portfolio administrator. The POD structure is there to support each other on a daily basis and for holiday cover etc so it is essential to build a professional relationship there too.
Driving Portfolio Performance – to constantly improve the performance of the assets within your portfolio, retaining clients and promoting portfolio growth.
· Ensuring full compliance and driving up safety standards.
· Minimising void periods.
· Minimising turnover periods between tenancies.
· Increasing rents mid tenancy in line with lease terms.
· Accurate pricing of rent increases at re-let.
· Minimising arrears.
· Promoting investment and upgrading works.
· Effective management of tenancy durations.
· Analysing asset performance and providing detailed advice to your clients.
· Promoting investment in additional units.
· Developing an understanding of your client’s goals and objectives.
· Ensuring the highest levels of client retention.
· Improving the efficiency of our processes and ensuring alignment with our client’s interests.
· Streamlining procedures and increasing efficiency in order to manage significant growth in your number of managed assets.
· Keeping up to date with legislation and attending courses as and when required.
Managing Administration – Full responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the lettings and management process across your portfolio (this will be assisted by the portfolio administrator)including:
· Full compliance with the processes as defined in the process manual.
· Accurate database management and reporting, carrying out frequent database audits by way of the reporting function.
· Detailed client information collection and due diligence including money laundering verification.
· Accurate and detailed property marketing accompanied with a high standard of marketing images to ensure the best showcase for our client’s assets.
· Diligent management of keys and the authorisation of access.
· Ensuring the under offer process is completed diligently and timeously.
· Effective negotiation of initial lease terms with prospective tenants and your landlord clients.
· Detailed tenancy referencing and due diligence.
· Accurate preparation and service of all initial tenancy documentation.
· Effective management of all move in processes.
· Diligent management of all safety testing and the installation and maintenance of detection equipment.
· Accurate financial management and efficient collaboration with the accounts team including the collection of deposit and rental payments.
· Detailed and objective client reporting following regular property inspections.
· Efficient management of maintenance requests and the repairs process.
· Efficient and diligent processing of contractor invoices, collaborating with the accounts team to ensure prompt payment.
· Accurate administration of all HMO licensing issues including applications and renewals as required.
· Service of all further tenancy documentation as required including all notices and the management of the NTL, renewal and termination process.
· Efficient and robust credit control following the process as defined in the process manual including dealing with payment date change requests.
· Effective negotiation and efficient administration of all tenant swaps, early exits and ownership changes.
· Objective and efficient negotiation of deposit deductions and the management of the deposit releases.
· Ensuring that detailed, accurate and objective check out reports are sent to both landlord clients and tenants at the conclusion of all tenancies.
· Efficient administration of utility notifications and the accurate processing of void period costs, collaborating with the accounts team to ensure prompt payment.
Excelling in Client Care – to provide the highest standard of client care and satisfaction
· Promptly establish contact and develop an understanding of all new allocated clients and their assets to facilitate an efficient handover from the New Business Team/Valuer.
· Act as their principle point of contact and seek to build a successful long term relationship with your landlord clients.
· Aim to exceed the expectations of your clients in terms of both customer service and asset performance.
· Manage your client’s assets as if they were your own, never losing sight of the best outcome for your client.
· Uphold the highest levels of integrity by being objective, open and honest in all of our dealings while always respecting the confidentiality of our clients.
· Be proactive in your approach to resolving issues and ensure they are dealt with quickly and effectively.
Maintaining Company and Operational Standards – to ensure standards are met and a continuous learning approach is adopted
· Follow and comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Take responsibility for and adopt a proactive approach to learning and personal development.
· Develop your critical thinking and knowledge in order to best advise your clients.
· Regularly attend external events and raise your individual profile in the wider market.
· Ensure professional behaviour supports and reinforces the values of the Rettie brand.
· Attend all compliance and other company training as required.
· Full, clean driving licence
· Previous management of a residential property portfolio under a portfolio management structure.
· Detailed knowledge of the PRS.
· Detailed knowledge of the PRT legislation
· Detailed knowledge of Edinburgh lettings market.
· Proficient in the use of IT systems including MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
· Experienced in the management of client relationships.
· Experience of conflict resolution and negotiation.
· Customer focused
· Target driven
· Effective under pressure
· Working collaboratively
· Effective communicator
· Business Acumen
· Use of REAPIT or experience using property software.
· The ability to analyse the performance of residential assets and produce investment appraisals.
· An understanding of mortgage finance and leveraged yield in relation to residential assets.
· Strategic thinking and planning.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org