Coronavirus update


The wellbeing of our clients, staff and their families - together with continuity of service to clients - is of paramount importance. Outlined below are the precautionary measures we have taken to help protect our clients, our team and others.

For more information click here


Coronavirus update Hide

2 Bedroom apartment

Montgomerie Drive, Stewarton, Ayrshire, KA3

Book A Viewing
Contact Agent
Grace Sloan
Sales Negotiator
Newton Mearns Email
Save
Download Home Report Mortgage Calculator
  • Type Apartment
  • Style/Floor Ground floor
  • SQ. FT 2066

A hugely impressive garden apartment situated within the historic Lainshaw House, the converted mansion house within the Lainshaw Estate. One of only eight apartments and one of only two with direct access to a private garden, the property is beautifully presented throughout with an extremely luxurious feel. Bought from the developers, our clients have painstakingly upgraded and added, with the finest attention to detail, some truly beautiful finishes with bespoke wardrobes, fine period cornicing throughout the property and a gas burning fire in the lounge with oak fire surround. Also of note are the luxury oak doors, oak hardwood flooring and double glazed sash and case windows. The property also benefits from two allocated parking spaces and a beautifully re modelled and fully landscaped garden. Lainshaw House or, as it was formerly called, Langschaw, has its origins in a former Scottish Keep dating back to the 13th Century. It has been extended several times and occupies a prominent position overlooking Annick Water south west of Stewarton. Lainshaw and associated lands were originally the gift of King James II of Scotland and passed through many notable owners. William Cunninghame (a Glasgow tobacco baron) acquired the property through inheritance in 1799. He re-modelled the property extensively and took up residence in 1804. On his death in 1849 it remained within the family, until being sold to Ayr County Council in 1954 for a retirement home. The house was vacated in 1993 and lay empty until redeveloped into 8 apartments in 2007/8. It remains surrounded by ancient woodland and paths used by many locals. In terms of accommodation the property is entered through a residents secure door entry system and from there into a grand communal reception hallway with staircase and lift. (Note should be taken that No. 5 is not required to contribute to the maintenance of the lift). There is a private lobby area with electrical cupboard, and on entry through the front door a welcoming reception hallway. There is a beautiful formal lounge, square in shape, with a large gas fire as focal point with oak fire surround. From the lounge a passage leads to the formal dining room which in turn also gives access to the kitchen. There is a fully fitted kitchen with a host of wall and floor mounted units as well as integrated appliances. The kitchen in turn has French doors that open up onto the private gardenand patio. Leading back through the reception hallway and using the inner hall passing the bespoke bookcase, there is a guest WC and cloakroom. There are two large double bedrooms both of which have en suite facilities and dressing rooms. In addition, the property has double glazed sash and case windows and gas central heating.

  • Type Apartment
  • Style/Floor Ground floor
  • SQ. FT 2066

A hugely impressive garden apartment situated within the historic Lainshaw House, the converted mansion house within the Lainshaw Estate. One of only eight apartments and one of only two with direct access to a private garden, the property is beautifully presented throughout with an extremely luxurious feel. Bought from the developers, our clients have painstakingly upgraded and added, with the finest attention to detail, some truly beautiful finishes with bespoke wardrobes, fine period cornicing throughout the property and a gas burning fire in the lounge with oak fire surround. Also of note are the luxury oak doors, oak hardwood flooring and double glazed sash and case windows. The property also benefits from two allocated parking spaces and a beautifully re modelled and fully landscaped garden. Lainshaw House or, as it was formerly called, Langschaw, has its origins in a former Scottish Keep dating back to the 13th Century. It has been extended several times and occupies a prominent position overlooking Annick Water south west of Stewarton. Lainshaw and associated lands were originally the gift of King James II of Scotland and passed through many notable owners. William Cunninghame (a Glasgow tobacco baron) acquired the property through inheritance in 1799. He re-modelled the property extensively and took up residence in 1804. On his death in 1849 it remained within the family, until being sold to Ayr County Council in 1954 for a retirement home. The house was vacated in 1993 and lay empty until redeveloped into 8 apartments in 2007/8. It remains surrounded by ancient woodland and paths used by many locals. In terms of accommodation the property is entered through a residents secure door entry system and from there into a grand communal reception hallway with staircase and lift. (Note should be taken that No. 5 is not required to contribute to the maintenance of the lift). There is a private lobby area with electrical cupboard, and on entry through the front door a welcoming reception hallway. There is a beautiful formal lounge, square in shape, with a large gas fire as focal point with oak fire surround. From the lounge a passage leads to the formal dining room which in turn also gives access to the kitchen. There is a fully fitted kitchen with a host of wall and floor mounted units as well as integrated appliances. The kitchen in turn has French doors that open up onto the private gardenand patio. Leading back through the reception hallway and using the inner hall passing the bespoke bookcase, there is a guest WC and cloakroom. There are two large double bedrooms both of which have en suite facilities and dressing rooms. In addition, the property has double glazed sash and case windows and gas central heating.

Similar properties