Finnich Moss, 23 Balmaha Road, Drymen, G63 0BX
- Charming detached bungalow set just West of Drymen Village
- Idyllic setting with a beautifully landscaped rear garden
- Unimpeded views across rolling countryside
- Immaculate, tastefully finished accommodation
- Roof, combination boiler, kitchen, windows/doors – all replaced in 2017
- Off street driveway parking, detached garage
- Perfect for couples, small families, downsizing/retiring couples
Originally constructed in 1962 as a private commission by Honeyman, Jack and Robertson, ‘Finnich Moss’ is a simply charming detached bungalow, set all on the level, that has been comprehensively upgraded/modernised over the duration of our clients and enjoys the most breath taking situation with amazing views across rolling countryside. A must see for a wide range of prospective buyers looking to acquire a really special home.
Internally, the specification is high (quality fixtures/fittings/appliances), with a contemporary/country style decorative theme really working with the leafy, rural aspects from various points with the accommodation. Nicely set back from the main road, the property is initially accessed via a small, shared access point which leads to a private drive (could be gated) off with plenty of room for a good number of cars. A summary of the internal accommodation can be found as follows:-
Summary of Accommodation
- Welcoming reception hallway with storage off
- Large, carpeted lounge – amazing views, decorative stonework, feature fireplace, French doors out to rear
- Formal dining area
- Contemporary fitted kitchen – neutral ‘shaker’ style units, contrast wood effect worktops, Siemens grill/oven, four burner electric stove
- Utility room extension off – courtesy door to rear garden
- Fully tiled luxury shower room – double width walk in enclosure, deluge shower head
- Two well proportioned double bedrooms
- Full, high luxury en
- suite bathroom off principal room – walk in shower enclosure, stand alone bath,
Externally, the property features a picture perfect rear garden – beautifully established and with unimpeded views across adjacent rolling countryside. Given the scale of the plot, the sun can be enjoyed throughout the course of the day with swathes of lawn and pockets of hard landscaping to be found. A simply perfect garden for relaxing and breathing in the clean, countryside air.
Drymen is a south Stirlingshire village, within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and the “gateway” to the east side of Loch Lomond. It is on the West Highland Way yet is only some 18 miles to Glasgow city centre and 12 miles to the suburbs of Milngavie and Bearsden. Stirling 22 miles, Edinburgh 62 miles. It has a few local shops, two hotels, café, restaurants and one of Scotland’s oldest pubs, The Clachan. Its village primary is well regarded with secondary at Balfron High, which has a strong record of academic achievement.
Sat Nav Ref: G63 0bx
COUNCIL TAX : BAND F
EPC : BAND C
TENURE : FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.