11 Breadie Drive, Milngavie, G62 6LY
- Four-bedroom Detached House
- Full width rear extension
- Three Public Rooms and four double Bedrooms
- Open plan Kitchen to the dining area
- Utility Room
- Bathroom and two Shower Rooms (one ensuite)
- uPVC double glazing, gas central heating
- South facing rear garden
- Single garage
- Lovely view to front over a ‘green’An early post-war bungalow that has been developed, and extended, over the years to become a sizeable four-bedroom Detached House (see floor plans).Clients will note that the property is very smartly presented and well equipped, the result of investments and upgrading made by owners current and past. It is located within the Nethermains area of Milngavie, about half a mile from the village centre, which has long been a sought-after district with its proximity to the local Primary School (Craigdhu) and the lovely greenbelt conservation area of the Craigdhu Wedge. This house enjoys a particularly good setting, with a private south facing rear garden and, to the front, a most pleasant outlook across ‘the green’ of the maintained gardens of Breadie Drive’s crescent section.Ground Floor
- Hall – the house has a good-sized reception hall, on an L-shaped arrangement. The oak finishes so evident through this house, first present themselves here and give a very warm and inviting entrée to the property.
- Store – a deep fitted hall storage cupboard with light and shelving.
- Lounge – set to the front of the house and featuring a key design feature of this house model, the corner window arrangement. Additionally, a single glazed arch lancet window has been retained. The focal point is a stone Minster fireplace with a glass fronted living flame log effect gas fire by Gazco.
- Living Room – this is part of the rear extension and is a large room with two sets of French doors opening to the rear garden sun terrace. In addition to these, are two Velux rooflights to flood this room with light. It is set on a semi-open plan basis to the kitchen to make this area the heart of the house. The focal point is a wall recessed, glass fronted, gas fire, again by Gazco, which is remote controlled and nicely framed in limestone.
- Dining Room – also part of the extension. This is arranged on an open-plan basis to the kitchen. It has a picture style window to the rear, plus a large Velux roof light, again making this a very bright space.
- Kitchen – oak units with solid quartz worktops and up-stands, with glass splashbacks to the wall above. Integrated appliances include – induction hob, double oven with grill, microwave, filter cooker hood, integrated dishwasher, large fridge, and a standard sized freezer.
- Utility Room – with double glazed back door and window. Mix of matching oak units to that in the kitchen, plus some white high gloss units. Grey laminate tops and a stainless-steel sink. Washing machine, dishwasher, and another fridge.
- Bedroom 3 – as with the lounge, this has the corner window arrangement and the retained original lancet window. A fine sized bedroom.
- Bedroom 4 – another good double, with window to the side (west).
- Shower Room – smartly equipped, fully tiled, ground floor shower room. This shower enclosure has a Mira Excel thermostatic shower. Chrome towel radiator.First Floor
- From the hall the staircase has been upgraded to feature an impressive glass balustrade with oak handrails, newel posts, and base plates. Dado rail. At the turn of the stair is a large, east facing, Velux window to throw lots of light to the stairwell and upper landing.
- Bedroom 1 – the main bedroom comes with an ensuite and has a wide, three framed, dormer window to the front looking towards ‘the green’, along with a west facing Velux window. Fitted bedroom furniture (drawers and cabinets) along two walls, plus a fitted wardrobe space.
- Ensuite Shower Room – an internal room, fully tiled. Contemporary white suite with the wash hand basin set atop a fitted vanity unit with LED micro lights set along the kickboard. The shower enclosure has another thermostatic shower.
- Bedroom 2 – double bedroom again with dormer window to the rear, plus west facing Velux. Fitted wardrobe provision again.
- Bathroom – four-piece bathroom suite with WC, wash hand basin, bath, and a shower enclosure in which there is an electric Triton Aspirante shower. Rear facing dormer window. Tiled walls.Doors and FlooringAll internal doors have been refitted with oak Edwardian style sets.Flooring in the house includes oak within the hall, lounge, living room, and bedroom 3, with matching oak facings/skirtings in most areas. Amtico is featured in the kitchen, dining room and utility room. Ceramic tilling is to the two shower rooms and the bathroom. Carpet is laid to the stair, upper hall and bedrooms, 2, 3 and 4.Central HeatingThe property has mains gas central heating with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic combination boiler.GarageSet at the end of a long (four cars) monobloc driveway, is a breeze block single garage, with side door and side window and power and light installed.
To the front there is a low-level brick-built wall with coping stones and behind this an area of level grass. In addition to the four-car long monobloc driveway, there is a monobloc pathway to the front door. To the side of the driveway is a brick wall and fencing and between the garage and the house is a gate to the rear garden.
The rear garden is south facing and enclosed, bordered by timber garden fencing. It has a wide sheltered patio across the back of the house with smart grey stone slabs from which steps, with matching stone treads, lead up to a top area of garden, which lies to grass. Above the rendered retaining wall is a beautifully planted flowering bed. Around the boundary of the rear garden are some planted shrubs along with a screen that includes some bamboo and a further top section of garden with brick retaining wall.
As detailed earlier, the property falls within the catchment of for Craigdhu Primary School with Secondary provision at the highly admired Doubles Academy. Milngavie village centre is pedestrianised and has a very good range of quality independent retailers along with Marks & Spencer’s Food Hall, a Boots and at the far end of the precinct a Tesco. At the Burnbrae Retail Park are a large Waitrose, Aldi, and Home Bargains. Milngavie has, importantly, a railway station providing regular links into Glasgow’s West End and city centre, including a service through to Edinburgh Waverley. There are lots of clubs and societies in Milngavie and plenty of walks through Allander Park, Drumclog Moor, and beyond to Mugdock Country Park. There are also the walks around the Craigmaddie and Mugdock Reservoirs. On Strathblane Road is the excellent Nuffield Health & Wellness gym with golf course. Adjoining Bearsden is the newly opened (£42m) Allander Leisure Centre, just a ten-to-15-minute walk away.
Sat Nav Ref: G62 6ly
COUNCIL TAX : BAND G
EPC : BAND D
TENURE : FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.