81 Finlay Rise, Milngavie, Glasgow, East Dunbartonshire, G62 6QL
- A very impressive Mid Terraced House
- In the highly admired Fairways development
- Smart interior including renewed kitchen and bathroom
- Conservatory extension
- Replacement U PVC double glazing
- Gas central heating with combination boiler
- Single garage
- Gorgeous, solid, acacia flooring
- Lovely outlook to wooded copse
- Landscaped, south facing, rear garden
The Fairways estate is amongst the most desirable locations in Milngavie and was formerly the site of a grand mansion house. As such, many of the fine estate trees are retained. Along with a few privately built villas it was developed, in the 1980s, by Salvesen Homes. With its one access/egress road, and with most homes set within cul-de-sacs, the living environment is typically very quiet, and almost traffic free, for its residents.
At the heart of the development are the terraced “Mews” properties of which this Mid Terraced villa is one. Discreetly located down a winding pathway the house has a lovely outlook onto an area of estate gardens with wooded copse. Vehicle access is to the rear via a resident’s access road/ lane to the properties garage and the rear garden gate.
As one can see from our photography, and video, this is a very smartly presented home and one that will appeal to many including couples and individuals, of all ages, as well as families. Our clients, who bought the property in 2018, have upgraded the house over recent years to include a new kitchen and bathroom (both very smartly executed) along with redecoration and flooring, which includes gorgeous solid acacia through most of the ground floor as well as bedroom 1. The house already had replacement uPVC double glazed windows installed (finished in dark woodgrain to the exterior and white to the interior) and a gas central heating system with the Viessmann Vitodens combination boiler.
- Entrance porch- a canopy over the front entranceway provides a shelter.
- Hall - entered via a uPVC double glazed front door with side screen. The deep hole cupboard has been lined in wet wall panelling.
- Lounge - this has a wide, 3-frame, window to take advantage of the lovely leafy outlook to the front. The door, from the hall, is a feature and is sliding ‘barn style’ on open runner.
- Dining Room- this is open-plan to the lounge and open-plan to the kitchen to create, overall, a far more usable living space.
- Kitchen- very smartly done with white high gloss units and chunky solid walnut worktops including a peninsula unit to the dining room. Inset, to the worksurfaces, is a square stainless-steel sink with “hose” mixer tap and an AEG induction hob. Other AEG appliances include - a pyrolytic oven, combination microwave oven, and a washing machine. Integrated is a Bosch dishwasher and a, freestanding, American style fridge-freezer, plumbed for water and ice dispensing. A deep under stairs cupboard is used as a pantry.
- Conservatory- a good additional room with double-glazed windows on two sides including a double-glazed door to the back garden with the remaining wall wet-wall panelled (grey concrete pattern). The roof has been lined in white uPVC ceiling panels.
- Bedroom 1 – a double main bedroom with outlook to the wooded copse. Triple-width wardrobe with sliding doors.
- Bedroom 2- another double bedroom with window to the rear providing a near horizon view to fields.
- Bedroom 3- a single bedroom with fitted bunk bed for a child. Shelved shallow recess.
- Bathroom- renewed in 2020 and fully tiled including a smart patterned wall tile at the bath area. Large wall vanity mirror. Chrome towel radiator. Over the bath is a thermostatic shower with both deluge and hand shower heads.
The front garden is compact but enjoys the area of estate ground beyond. A monobloc path leads to the front door. Small area of artificial grass to the side of the path. The rear garden is enclosed (fences and gate) and is landscaped to include a deck and a stone slabbed patio area, with bench, and our lower area with artificial grass. Water tap. The garage lies beyond the rear garden, across the resident’s access road/lane, in the run of garage lockups.
Fairways is some one mile from the village centre and the railway station. It is beside Dougalston Woods through which there are lovely walks. By the woods are the fairways of Dougalston golf course (part of the Nuffield Health, Fitness, and Wellbeing Gym on Strathblane Road). Milngavie has an impressive array of local amenities and shops including the nearby Waitrose and ALDI at the Burnbrae retail park. The village centre has been pedestrianised where you will find several quality independent retailers along with the High Street names of Marks and Spencers, Boots, and Tesco. There are cafes, some restaurants, and a couple of bars. Milngavie is noted for being the start/finish of The West Highland Way and through this one can walk through Allander Park, Drumclog Moor, and onto Mugdock Country Park
Sat Nav Ref: G62 6QL
Tenure : Freehold
EPC: Band C
Council Tax Band: E
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.