29 West Chapelton Avenue, Bearsden, G61 2DJ
- A completely redeveloped Detached House.
- Five double Bedrooms.
- Bathroom and three Ensuite Shower Rooms.
- Formal Lounge.
- Brilliant open-plan Dining Room/Kitchen, with bi-fold doors.
- German Kitchen, by Nolte, with Siemens and Elica appliances.
- Utility Room.
- Tiles by Porcelanosa
- Brassware by Vado
- uPVC double glazed windows and doors. Alu-clad bi-fold doors.
- Vaillant EcoTECexclusive combination boiler.
- White décor, Amtico and carpet floor coverings.
- Oak internal doors.
- Level garden with in-and-out monobloc driveway.
- Sun deck and patios.
- Single garage.Originally a 1930s detached bungalow, this property has been transformed over the last year to make this striking, modern, five-bedroom Detached House. Barring the front elevation wall, and part of the gables, everything else in this house is new, creating a most spacious family home in a highly convenient Bearsden location – the West Chapelton district.As clients will see from the floor plans, the subjects are well planned and roomy. Our photographs will convey just how well the redevelopment of the house has been executed. It is a terrific family home.The mood is modern contemporary, with the smooth textured external walls finished in white, offset by striking black framed double-glazed windows set below a pitched roof with flat, grey coloured, roof tiles. Inside, sanitary ware is by Laufen, complemented by smart wall tiling. The kitchen is a real statement area with its large central island and boasting a German fitted kitchen (Nolte) with gorgeous Silestone worktops and quality appliances by Siemens, along with an Elica induction hob with integrated extractor. With bi-fold doors to a rear sun deck/garden and on an open-plan arrangement to the dining room, this room really does make for the hub of the home.Decoratively, the theme is bright and cool, with white walls complemented by oak internal doors, with floor coverings being a mix of grey ‘oak plank’ Amtico, grey coloured carpet, and tile. The uPVC double glazed windows whilst black to the exterior are finished white inside (the exception being the aluminium clad bi-fold doors that are coloured black to inside and out). All are new, bar the retained double glazed storm doors, by Everest. Central heating is mains gas, with a Vaillant EcoTECexclusive 843 combination boiler. To summarise, the subjects can be detailed as follows:
• Entrance Vestibule
• Hall – large and L-shaped. Window to the west gable.
• Lounge – a formal sitting room with box bay window to the front.
• Dining Room/Kitchen – the heart of family living is this open-plan space with wide bi-fold doors to rear garden and sun deck. The kitchen, with its Nolte German units, has a large centre island incorporating a breakfast bar. Within it is a high-end induction hob, with integral extractor, by Elica. All work surfaces are in quality Silestone. Further appliances, by Siemens, comprise – oven, combination microwave oven, warming drawer, concealed fridge/freezer, and dishwasher. A quality composite sink, by Blanco, is nicely set between two tall units and has a smoked glass back wall panel. A counter level cupboard has integrated recycling bins.
• Utility Room – similarly fitted to the kitchen and with Silestone worktops. Stainless steel sink. Double glazed back door.
• Bedroom 2 – ground floor guest bedroom with window to the front.
• Ensuite Shower Room – with Laufen suite and shower enclosure with a Mira Sport electric shower.
• Bedroom 5 (Home Office) – either a double bedroom or another public room (office or family room). Gable window to the east.
• Bathroom – an internal room. Laufen suite. Chrome towel radiator. Large, fixed wall mirror.
• A staircase with glass balustrade and painted (white) handrail and newel posts, ascends to an upper hallway.
• Hall – the first-floor hall is illuminated by a Velux window. It has as double width storage cupboard.
• Bedroom 1 – the main bedroom in the house, with French doors to a Paris balcony (rear facing). Additional Velux window to the west.
• Dressing Closet – a great touch. Walk-in wardrobe fitted with hanging and shelving space. Recessed ceiling lights operate via a movement sensor.
• Ensuite Shower Room – Laufen suite. The shower enclosure features a powerful thermostatic shower with both deluge and hand showerheads. The wash hand basin is atop a ‘floating’ vanity unit. Velux window. Chrome towel radiator.
• Bedroom 3 – another double bedroom with dormer window to the front.
• Ensuite Shower Room – Laufen suite. The enclosure has another thermostatic shower with deluge and hand showerheads. Chrome towel radiator. Velux window.
• Bedroom 4 – double bedroom again, with dormer window to the front.
The garden is level. To the front is a white rendered garden wall that screens a well-stocked bed behind, with cherry blossom and Acer trees. There are two driveway entrances, giving the house an ‘in and out’ arrangement. The front drive is laid with new monobloc. Beyond this, down the side of the house (water tap here), is a gravel driveway leading to the property’s garage. A gravel path leads down the other side of the house (east).
The rear garden has the sun deck across the back of house and beyond this a newly turfed lawn. There are three slabbed patio areas to the east side of the garden and a planted rear and west bed, under bark. External wall lights are onthe rear elevation of the house and there is an external double socket.
The garage was retained and is brick built, single size, with an internal store created. External windows and side door have been renewed.
The property is located within the West Chapelton district of Bearsden, that is situated between Milngavie Road and Drymen Road. It is extremely handy therefore for the shops to be found at Kessington, as well as those to be found at the heart of Bearsden, Bearsden Cross. Bearsden railway station is about half a mile away, as is Hillfoot railway station. At Bearsden railway station, is a well-stocked Co-op store. At the Cross is a Marks & Spencers Food Hall along with a range of quality independent retailers and at Kessington, a large Asda and a Sainsburys convenience store. For those with children, school catchment is at Bearsden Primary (at the Cross) and for Bearsden Academy at Courthill, recently ranked No 2-state secondary in Scotland. Also within Bearsden is St Nicholas’ Primary on Duntocher Road, the Bearsden Early Years Centre on Drymen Road and the private High School of Glasgow Junior School on Ledcameroch Road.
A great family home in a great location.
Sat Nav Ref: G61 2dj
COUNCIL TAX : BAND G
EPC : BAND C
TENURE : FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.