5 Iain Drive, Bearsden, Glasgow, East Dunbartonshire, G61 4PD
- An extended Pre-war Mid Terraced Villa
- Extension makes for a larger Dining Kitchen
- Three bedrooms plus …
- …a really useful Home Office/Box Room/Playroom
- Far more accommodation than front façade conveys
- Bay windows to lounge and bedroom 1 adds light and space
- Gas central heating and double glazing
- Front and, enclosed, rear gardens
- Extremely handy for Castlehill and St Nicholas’ primary schools
- Nearby the high-performing Bearsden Academy
- Bearsden Cross less than 1 mile away so nearby amenities
- Hall – entered via a modern double-glazed uPVC front door, the hall has a staircase leading to the upper apartments and below the stair two useful hall storage cupboards plus cleverly created storage boxes to the foot of the stair.
- Lounge – This is a lovely room with its wide box bay window to the front, with window bench seat with storage sections below, and its honey-coloured original pine floorboards. The focal point of the room is a pine fire surround with a tile inlay and hearth and the cosy warmth of living flame coal-effect gas fire. There are two shelved alcoves attractively set to either side of the fireplace.
- Dining Kitchen – as detailed above, this benefits from an extension to provide an area to accommodate a dining table and chairs. Units are shaker style, painted grey, with a run of more modern, flush, freestanding tall units at the dining area. Worktops are granite-style laminate. Appliances include – stainless-steel range cooker with five gas hobs, standing fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine. Set into the pitch of the roof are two Velux windows to throw additional daylight into the room.
- Bathroom – ground-floor bathroom with white suite. There is a thermostatic shower set over the bath. Chrome towel radiator. Tiling to full height around the bath area on two walls.First Floor
- The staircase ascends to an upper landing with glazed hatch to the attic which is part-boarded for storage.
- Bedroom 1 – this is a lovely room and a double-sized bedroom that features a box bay window to the front to match that of the lounge window below. There are cupboards/wardrobe space built into either side of the bed area. More of the honey-coloured original pine floorboards.
- Bedroom 2 – a smaller double bedroom with a window to the rear overlooking the back garden.
- Bedroom 3 – this is a more compact single bedroom made larger by gaining floor space from bedroom 2, as detailed earlier. A very good, well worked, arrangement that makes a perfect child’s bedroom.
- Home Office/Box Room/Playroom – created by our clients by subdividing the original, larger, main bedroom. A perfect room for use as a home office or playroom which our clients also use occasionally as a small kid’s bedroom. GardenThe front garden is screened by a privet hedge and there is a stone slabbed pathway, with garden gate, leading to the front door. To the side of the path is a trained Clematis. A small section of grass and two fine specimen Acers. The rear garden is enclosed by fencing and has a kid’s soft play area with timber play frame. Slabbed sun patio. Good-sized plastic garden shed by Palram.There are few homes of this design configuration in Bearsden and offer an ideal home for a couple or young family.
Sat Nav Ref: G61 4pd
EPC : BAND C
COUNCIL TAX : BAND D
TENURE : FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.