2 The Clachan, Balfron, G63 0NY
- Exceptional detached country villa located in Balfron Village
- Originally constructed circa 1721 or thereby
- Substantial accommodation – nine principal apartments, circa 3,773 ft²
- Great room sizes, high ceilings
- Immaculately kept period features, sympathetically employed modern decorations
- Stunning garden grounds – well established and beautifully stocked
- Plenty off street parking via gravel drive, detached garage
- Balfron Academy catchment – highly regarded, facilities nearby
Truly one of a kind, ‘Burnbrae’ is an exceptional detached villa that dates from circa 1721 and enjoys a fantastic location to the fringes of Balfron Village. Set amongst the most amazing garden grounds, the unique aesthetic of the property is immediately impressive, with a sharp white render and pale blue dressings, striking box bay projection and a pitched slate roof all contributing to the visual charm. Over the course of the last three centuries, the period detail has been immaculately kept (cornice, ceiling rose, stained glass work), with the neutrally decorated internal accommodation accentuating the real feeling of space and light to be found throughout.
Our clients have, from acquisition, undertaken a number of material upgrades to the property including the replastering of walls, sanding/varnishing of hardwood flooring, replacement of stoves amongst many others. Review of the surveyors Home Report will, especially when considering the age/history of the building, showcase how well cared for the property has been over the years.
Access to the property is provided via a gated entryway which leads to a sweeping gravel driveway that provides off street parking for a multitude of vehicles. A double storm door entry way leads provides access to the internal accommodation, where a summary can be found as follows:-
Summary of Accommodation
- Reception hallway with staircase to first floor – hardwood flooring (treated and varnished), period bannister, balustrade
- Lounge with box bay window projection – garden views, intricate cornicing/plasterwork, open fireplace
- Sitting/Family Room – cast iron gas stove, bay and side windows
- Architect designed sun room – high vaulted ceiling, beautiful garden aspects, courtesy door to terrace
- Large formal dining area – box bay projection, ornate cornicework, feature pillar, storage cupboard off
- Dining kitchen – bespoke design, handmade units, ‘Range’ style cooker, dual aspect window formations
- Secondary hallway with generous storage provision off, dedicated utility space, cloakroom w.c
- Stunning feature staircase (intricately crafted bannister/balustrade) to half landing with washroom and striking feature stained glass window
- Additional first floor living/family room – multi fuel stove, dual aspect windows, original wood panelling, fresh carpeting
- Three substantial first floor bedrooms – all large doubles with bay windows, high ceilings, plenty space for storage
- ‘Jack and Jill’ bathroom with original standalone bath/hardware, freshly tiled shower room with walk in enclosure
- Two additional second floor double bedrooms
- Home office/study – perfect home working environment
As previously mentioned, the gardens associated with ‘Burnbrae’ are truly magnificent, with a real sense of peace and serenity to enjoyed from various different vantage points. Set across a variety of different sections/tiers and beautifully stocked with a variety of herbaceous specimens, shrubs and trees and with significant areas laid to lawn and hard landscaping, there really is space for all of the family to enjoy. Notably low maintenance/self-sustaining for all its aesthetic wonder.
The house is located but a short stroll from the village centre and here you will find a good range of local amenities and shops, including a large Co-op store, the village’s famous Doyle’s Café, pharmacy, opticians, butchers, bakery, village pub and an excellent health centre. Outstanding local Primary and Secondary schooling can be found within the nucleus of the village centre. A bus service connects the village to surrounding districts and, indeed, to Glasgow City. The village has a golf course and is surrounded by some stunning countryside. Glasgow City Centre is approximately eighteen miles away, with Stirling some nineteen miles. Both locations are accessible within approximately thirty to forty minutes via strong road links.
Sat Nav Ref: G63 0ny
COUNCIL TAX : BAND G
EPC : BAND D
TENURE : SHARE OF FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.