10 Horseshoe Road, Bearsden, G61 2ST
- Detached six apartment villa in landmark, very quiet address close to ‘The Cross’
- Architect designed (1990) – entirely of its own kind
- Versatile layout – four bedrooms, lounge, dining room, dining kitchen, study, conservatory
- Approximately 1,733 sq. ft
- Most amazing rear garden – beautifully stocked, expertly landscaped and incredibly private
- Solid oak flooring throughout much of ground floor
- Bearsden Primary/Bearsden Academy catchment
- Off street driveway parking
- Integral double garage – remotely controlled door, power and light
- Gas central heating (Tank in the attic) and double glazed window units
Enjoying a particularly appealing situation in the midst of Horseshoe Lane, this entirely unique detached villa was architect designed/ constructed in 1990 and was built on the expansive garden grounds of the now adjacent mansion house on Roman Road. A delight of a home and one that will command interest from a wide and varied audience – from growing/established families to professional couples and younger downsizers.
In terms of position, the property couldn’t be more appealing, with its total privacy and established/expansive gardens totally belying its close proximity to the quality amenities of Bearsden Cross. Situated to the crest of ‘The Lane’, initial first hand inspection will showcase the aesthetic distinction and almost ‘English’ stylings of the build, with a pitched slate roof, trio of ‘dormer’ window projections and combination of blonde brick/pebbledash render contributing greatly to the visual charm.
Internally, the accommodation is very adaptable – with six principal apartments (plus conservatory, study, breakfasting kitchen, two bathrooms, utility room and cloakroom w.c) affording corners and retreats for all concerned. The home has been under the same ownership since the point of construction and, whilst any incoming purchaser may wish to modernise/re-design according to taste, the internal subject and exterior of the building and been painstakingly maintained and loving cared for. Indeed, review of the surveyors Home Report will highlight this.
Our suite of HDR images, 360° immersive tour, HD video and floorplan will allow for thorough desktop appraisal of the property, with a summary of the accommodation to be found as follows:-
Summary of Accommodation
- Entrance vestibule through to reception hallway and stair to first floor
- Cloakroom w.c
- Spacious lounge – shallow bay window, feature log burning stove, doors through to conservatory/garden room
- Formal dining room
- Dedicated utility room – courtesy doors to both rear garden an integral garage
- Breakfasting kitchen – ‘shaker’ style cabinetry, range of integrated appliances, breakfast bar area
- piece family bathroom – over bath shower
- Four bedrooms – three doubles including luxury principal suite with shower room and plenty storage, additional single bedroom
The garden grounds that surround the property really need to be seen first hand to be fully appreciated. An expansive of lawn is bordered/punctuated by a beautiful selection of mature specimens, with areas of hard landscaping affording plenty of space for outdoor furniture. Given the size and shape of the garden, the sun in the summer months can be enjoyed from various vantage points throughout the day.
In all, a really impressive/unique home and one deserving of prompt first hand inspection.
The property couldn’t be better placed for access to Bearsden Cross, which is just along Roman Road. Here you will find an excellent selection of shops and services, including a Marks & Spencer’s (food hall) along with selection of quality independent retailers. Hillfoot train station, which provides four trains an hour into Glasgow’s West End and City Centre, with a direct service to Edinburgh Waverley, is just around the corner, off Milngavie Road. Bus services operate on Drymen Road. The property falls within catchment for the excellent facilities of Bearsden Primary and Bearsden Academy, with further schooling to be found at the recently opened St. Nicholas Primary on Duntocher Road.
Sat Nav Ref: G61 2st
EPC : BAND C
COUNCIL TAX : BAND G
TENURE : FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.