10 Dougalston Crescent, Milngavie, G62 6HW
- Extended pre-war Semi-Detached House.
- Three Public Rooms, three Bedrooms.
- Delightful, south facing, rear garden.
- Quietly located in small cul-de-sac.
- Gas CH, D/glazing, Garage. Rewed Bathroom.
- Main house rewired in 2019 including five CAT 6 points.
- Extremely handy for village centre and railway station.
- Well maintained. Lovely outlooks.A, brick built, Semi-Detached House by John Lawrence, located within the much-admired Dougalston district of Milngavie, an area but half mile from the railway station and village centre. Within it, the house has an enviable location at the head of a small cul-de-sac with a delightful south facing rear garden with fine views.The house has been extended to add a fine-sized family room (off the dining room) and a handy utility porch (off the kitchen). This extension was commissioned and completed decades ago.Our clients, who acquired the house in 2019, have improved the property to include rewiring of the original house, some re-plumbing, a new bathroom, redecoration throughout including, and works to the garden. It is a lovely home in a great spot nearby walks through Dougalston Woods and beyond. As a property, it should appeal to both couples and families alike.All windows, and external doors, are double glazed with uPVC framed units and there is a gas central heating system with a Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus boiler. Attached to the side of the house is a single garage.Ground Floor
- Vestibule – an entrance porch with double glazed storm doors, and a smartly tiled floor, accesses the house and in turn, the hall.
- Hall – the staircase has a handy under stairs storage cupboard within which there are power points.
- Lounge – a nicely proportioned room with a broad box bay window to the front and a 1980s vintage stone fireplace, with side display buttress, on the focal wall. This has a living flame coal effect gas fire with the mantel, hearth, and shelf finished in attractive green slate. To the side of the fireplace is a smart, shelved, alcove with cabinet.
- Dining Room – by virtue of the extension, this is now an open plan room. Space for a good-sized dining suite.
- Family Room – part of the extension. The biggest room in the house. Two framed window to the rear, with a rather pleasant leafy outlook, plus a fixed cupola rooflight.
- Kitchen – galley style and of a 1980s vintage in good condition. Appliances included in are – four burner gas hob, filter cooker hood, new oven, ( 2023) washing machine, and slimline dishwasher.
- Rear Porch – a handy utility space with window and double-glazed uPVC back door. The fridge here will be included in the sale.First Floor
- The staircase retains the honey-coloured Oregon pine handrails and newel posts. It ascends to an upper landing with gable window, cupboard, and hatch to attic.
- Bedroom 1 – a large main bedroom (same size as the lounge below) has a broad box bay window to the front.
- Bedroom 2 – another double bedroom with rear facing window with a lovely outlook.
- Bedroom 3 – a small single/child’s bedroom or, as used, an ideal home office. Front facing window.
- Bathroom – with white modern wc and whb, and a more traditional, white, cast-iron enamel bath, with shower attachment to the tap. Tiling around bath area to full height and to half height elsewhere. Chrome towel radiator.AtticThe property’s attic is accessed via a pull-down loft ladder. It is heavily insulated with its central section boarded. It has light installed and power installed and, a skylight window.Garden Most of the garden lies to the rear of the house, where it is south facing. The front has a slab/gravel drive, leading to the garage, with a side privet hedge to match another privet hedge to the pavement. Behind this is a well-stocked shrub bed, with bark base. The rear garden is a real treat and quite long. It has two sun traps – a deck by the rear door and rear of garage (external sockets and water tap here) and a sheltered patio, beside a planted rockery bank, to the rear of the extension. A wide central path is flanked by two lawns along with two pear trees and more, well stocked, beds and borders. At the foot of the garden are vegetable and fruit beds, a greenhouse, and a shed.GarageThe single garage attached to the side of the house, has power and light installed. The fridge here will be included in the sale. Single glazed, timber framed, window to the rear and a double-glazed uPVC rear pass door.SITUATIONMilngavie remains one of Glasgow’s foremost residential districts, with a charming pedestrianised village centre with a good range of quality independent retailers along with the High Street names of Boots, Marks & Spencer, and Tesco. Additionally, at the Burnbrae Retail Park, are a large Waitrose, an Aldi, and a Home Bargains. The village has some coffee shops and restaurants and importantly, a railway station with regular links into Glasgow’s city centre and West End, including a service to Edinburgh Waverley. There are some wonderful walks nearby including the aforementioned Dougalston Woods but also through Allander Park, Drumclog Moor to Mugdock Country Park, and around the Mugdock and Craigmaddie Reservoirs. Milngavie is famed for being the start/finish of The West Highland Way. On Strathblane Road is the excellent private Nuffield Health & Wellness Club, and Golf Club, with a newly opened £42m Local Authority Sports Centre (The Allander Leisure Centre) in neighbouring Bearsden.For those with children, school catchment is for the much-admired Milngavie Primary (at the village centre) and for the high performing Douglas Academy at Mains Estate.
Sat Nav Ref: G62 6hw
EPC : BAND D
COUNCIL TAX : BAND F
TENURE : FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.