3 Macgillivray Avenue, Torrance, G64 4BJ
A highly impressive four-bedroom Detached House forming part of the small Montrose Gardens development, by Dawn Homes, built in 2018.
The property (Dawn Homes Dochart model) is particularly well proportioned and includes that all-important open-plan arrangement of large kitchen and dining/family room along with good bedroom sizes. The spec is impressive with smart sanitary wear, and tiling, in the four-piece main bathroom, the ensuite shower room, and the guest toilet. Off the kitchen is a utility room with the convenience of a pass door to the property’s integral single garage. Windows, and external doors, are double glazed, there is a security alarm system, and heating is by means of mains gas operating via a Potterton Promax 18 system ErP boiler with a high-capacity Heatrae Sadia Premier Plus hot water cylinder providing plenty of pressure to the two thermostatic showers. Additionally, there are photovoltaic panels on the roof.
Decoratively a clean white palette is employed with flooring being a smart oak plank LVF downstairs, and in the ensuite and bathroom, with self-coloured carpet in the bedrooms and up the stair.
- Hall - has a hall cupboard.
- WC –two-piece Roca suite. A good-sized guest toilet.
- Lounge - the feature of the room is its wide, and tall, window.
- Kitchen/Dining Room- this is the key space that families seek that could be used as a family room or dining room as required. The dining area has French doors, with matching side windows, to the rear garden and a deck. The kitchen boasts a very smart range of units in white and dark oak high-gloss with lighter, oak grain, worktops, and upstands. Under unit lights cast a nice mood of an evening. Appliances include - 5 ring gas hob with stainless steel back panel, filter, cooker hood, double oven, dishwasher, fridge-freezer. A three-frame wide window looks to the rear garden.
- Utility Room - has window to the side and door to rear garden. Utility cabinets, worksurface, and sink. Plumbing for washing machine and space for a tumble dryer.
- Garage - connecting door to the utility room. Power and light installed. The boiler is located here.
- A nicely designed return-flight stair, with New England style balustrade and handrail, ascends to a galleried upper hall which has linen cupboard and a secondary cupboard that houses the hot water cylinder.
- Bedroom 1 - a great size main bedroom with a wide four-frame window to the front.
- Ensuite Shower Room – Roca suite and an oversized shower enclosure with both deluge and hand shower heads.
- Bedroom 2 - another good-sized double with a three-frame window to the rear.
- Bedroom 3 – a third generous double room with three-frame window to the front.
- Bedroom 4 - even the smallest bedroom isn't small. It would be a generous single bedroom but can take a double bed if required. Used as a Home Office.
- Note: all four bedrooms have double-width wardrobes fitted.
- Bathroom - a four-piece suite, by Roca, with WC, WHB, bath, and a standard size shower enclosure with, again, a powerful thermostatic shower with deluge and hand shower heads.
The plot is level with a double-width monobloc drive to the front. Front path, and section of grass. A path, with gate, leads around the side of the house to a larger back garden which is west facing. Here the garden is enclosed by fencing and has a large area of grass, stone patio, and the aforementioned sun deck.
Torrance has a terrific local village primary school with secondary provision (to which there is a bus service) at Boclair Academy in Bearsden (new £40m+ school premises). There is a well-stocked general store, a bakery, three pubs, and other facilities including a local park. It is about 8 miles north of Glasgow city centre and surrounding the village is beautiful countryside including, to the north, the Campsie Fells hill range.
This is a great family home.
Sat NAV ref: G64 4BJ
TENURE : FREEHOLD
EPC : BAND B
COUNCIL TAX : BAND G
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.