44 Maxwell Avenue, Bearsden, G61 1PA
- Extended 3 bedroom Semi-Detached House
- Very impressively presented
- Set upon a generous corner garden (with North View)
- Within the charming Westerton Garden Suburb district
- New (2022) Dining Kitchen
- Super(December 2021) Shower Room
- uPVC double glazed windows
- Gas central heating with combination boiler
- Driveway and single garage
- Nearby western primary and railway station
A brick built pre-war Semi-Detached House, by John Lawrence, located within the ever popular Western Garden Suburb district of Bearsden. It enjoys a fine corner garden (the corner of Maxwell Ave and North View) with a driveway and detached garage off North View. The house has been extended with the addition of a sizeable (some near 16 square metres) conservatory that makes for a very usable additional living room, off the dining kitchen.
As clients we'll see from our photographs the property is beautifully presented, the result of much effort and investment by the vendor over recent years. Since 2021 it has been redecorated throughout including tasteful panelled walls to dado level in the hall, staircase, upper hall, and shower room, along with quality floor coverings including gorgeous oak herringbone (hall, lounge, dining kitchen, conservatory), carpets (stair runner, upper hall, bedrooms), and tile(shower room).
Most significantly has been both the creation of the dining kitchen, in 2022(very much the heart of this lovely home), and the refitting of the bathroom into a luxurious shower room (December 2021). All windows are double glazed with white frames in uPVC. The gas central heating system has a Vokera combination boiler with new, traditionally styled, column radiators in all areas except the conservatory. As a touch of cosy luxury, for Autumn and Winter, the lounge fireplace features a real fire.
It really is a most comfortable home and one that will appeal to both families and couples.
- An open entrance porch/vestibule provides an attractive entrée to the house.
- Hall - entered through a lovely original door with stained leaded glass panel. The hall has the gorgeous oak floor (which continues through the rest of the ground floor) and the very tasteful, painted, wall panelling.
- Lounge - with a wide box bay window to the front. At the focal point is a painted fire surround with slate inlay/hearth, and painted tiles, featuring the real open fire. To the side is a shelved alcove with cabinet. Picture real coving.
- Dining Kitchen - a most successful alteration. Window to side, open doorway to the conservatory. Double glazed rear door accessing back garden via steps (currently due for completion/sign-off). The kitchen, by Howdens, is of a classic design with pale grey coloured Shaker units with chrome cup handles. Work surfaces are laminate marble design including the centrepiece island with breakfast bar and a five-burner gas hob. Additional fitted appliances include - oven microwave, concealed dishwasher and fridgefreezer.Cool ‘metro’ wall tiling adds to the really classy design of the kitchen.
- Conservatory - with brick base walls to windowsill level. A large room used as another living space. Windows around three sides with a double glazed French door facing frontwards and accessing the side garden.
- The staircase is beautifully done with more of the wall panelling, traditional balustrade, and carpeted stair runner.
- Upper hallway - with hatch to the attic. Window to the gable wall.
- Bedroom 1 - a sizeable main bedroom with another wide box bay window to the front. Picture rail and coving makes for a nice traditional touch. Connecting door to bedroom 3.
- Bedroom 2 - another double bedroom with window to the rear.
- Bedroom 3 - a small single bedroom that would have been designed as a nursery originaly. Has both a door from the upper hall but also a connecting door to bedroom 1. Perfect kids bedroom or as a Home Office.
- Shower Room - this is superbly done and also features dado wall panelling along with marble style wall tiles. The hexagon patterned floor tiles makes for a striking feature. The sanitary ware features quality brass ironmongery with the oversized shower enclosure having a thermostatic shower with both deluge and hand shower heads.
The corner garden is a real asset and is very private. Well screened by hedges and fences it makes for a lovely Spring/Summer retreat with its rear and side patios. It has areas of grass to rear, side, and to the front where there is a front pathway with garden gate. Below the conservatory extension is a useful storage cellar space. Trained over the garage roof is an established climber that is a lovely rust colour in the Autumn.
Westerton remains one of the most popular areas in Bearsden with its terrific local primary school and its railway station which provides regular links into Glasgow 's West End and City Centre It has a real sense of a village community with its Western Garden Suburb conservation area and its local Tennis Club. It has a library. Bearsden cross is about one mile to the northeast with Anniesland approximately 1 mile to the southeast. Secondary school provision is provided at Boclair Academy.
Sat Nav Ref: G61 1PA
EPC : BAND C
COUNCIL TAX : BAND E
TENURE : FREEHOLD
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.