Hillside, 37 Cupar Road, Newport-on-Tay, DD6 8DF
Spacious home in a highly sought-after village
- Superb family home
- Spectacular river views
- Spacious bright flexible accommodation
- Original features and detailing
- Delightful garden
- Plentiful storage
- Garage / Workshop
- External Gym / Home Office with Shower
- Conservation Area setting
- Convenient location for Dundee and St Andrews
Tenure - Freehold
EPC - Band D
Council Tax - Band E
Property Details & Description
Vestibule, Stair to First Floor, Under stair storage cupboard
Hallway, Living Room With Study Off, Sitting Room/Bed 4, Dining Kitchen, Bathroom, 2 Bedrooms
Bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room and Walk-In-Wardrobe, Landing, Storage
Attractive front and rear garden areas
Garage / Workshop
External Gym / Home Office with Shower
Off-road parking spaces for two vehicles on private lane to rear
Hillside benefits from a wonderful, elevated situation and stunning views that take in the River Tay, Dundee and the Perthshire and Sidlaw hills beyond. The sought-after adjoining villages of Newport on Tay and Wormit are conveniently located for the commuter and benefit from the wealth of local amenities, including shops, restaurants and schooling. They are well positioned for access to Dundee, Cupar and St Andrews, with Perth, Aberdeen and Edinburgh also within comfortable driving distance. The city of Dundee is a short drive to the north over the Tay Bridge, with a full range of shops and amenities as well as the new V&A Museum and Captain Scott's RRS Discovery. Cupar, historically Fife's county market town, is a nine-mile drive to the south and offers a good range of shops and services as well as a popular monthly farmers' market. The ancient and historic university town of St. Andrews, renowned as the "Home of Golf" is eleven miles to the south-east, with numerous top-rated courses in the area, including the world-famous Old Course at St Andrews which hosted the 150th Open Championship anniversary event in July 2022. Northeast Fife provides easy access to an area of particularly outstanding and varied countryside along with a wonderful coastline. As a result, there are a wide range of outdoor activities on hand with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. There are good state primary and secondary schools in the area with independent schooling on hand at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and also the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Dundee, Leuchars, Cupar and Ladybank. Dundee airport, with direct connections to London City, is 10-minute drive away and Edinburgh airport is around one hour to the south.
Hillside is an outstanding family home and comprises essentially the first and attic floors of a substantial stone period property that dates from circa 1860 and which was split into two properties circa 1895. The property offers plentiful, airy, bright and spacious accommodation over two floors, full of character and period detail. Accessed at ground floor level via its own private front door, a staircase leads to the impressive first floor main hall with stained glass window. The outstanding main sitting room / bedroom 4 has a wonderful bay window with the most spectacular views out over the Tay, with the separate adjacent well-proportioned living room also enjoying superb views along with a cosy wood burner and very useful study / home office off. The well-appointed good-sized family kitchen / diner with blue gas fired Aga (and separate additional electric double oven and gas hob) , island unit, utility area and pulley is to the rear, with 2 good-sized double bedrooms, family bathroom, with corner bath and power shower over, and excellent storage completing the accommodation at this level. Upstairs at attic level is an excellent further bedroom with en-suite shower room and walk in wardrobe, as well as excellent attic and cupboard storage. Hillside has mains gas central heating and there is double glazing throughout excepting the stained glass window. There is emergency lighting marking stairwells in case of a power cut or fire.
Hillside has a delightful garden comprising the compact manageable eastern portion of the front garden (with access off Cupar Road) which extends around the side of the house to include most of the rear garden, primarily laid to grass along with a productive vegetable patch. There is gated access out to the private lane to the rear.
There is a very useful external gym / home office with shower, and a good-sized garage / workshop with power, light and water. The garage / workshop is accessed off the lane to the rear of the property which also has parking available adjacent to the rear garden gate.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700
The property’s postcode is DD6 8DF
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
EPC Rating - Band D
Council Tax - Band E
Tenure - Freehold
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from November 2022
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website atwww.rettie.co.ukas well as our affiliated websites atwww.rightmove.co.uk,www.onthemarket.comandwww.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms arefacebook.com, RettieTownandCountry,twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage, or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.