Flat 2/4, 89 James Street, Bridgeton, G40 1BZ
UNDER OFFER AT CLOSING - Tuesday 22nd November 2022.
Spanning a vast 1462 sq ft, this fabulous three-bedroom loft apartment forms part of the development of the B listed Greenhead Power Loom Weaving Factory dating back to 1888. The striking detached building was converted into to residential accommodation in the early 2000’s, sympathetically retaining the red and white brick construction, typical of industrial buildings in the east end of Glasgow in its day and handily located only minutes’ walk from Bridgeton Station and Cross.
Situated within easy reach of Glasgow Green, this lovely and spacious apartment is flooded with natural light and has very generous open plan living accommodation extending to over 40 ft; there is a spacious entrance hallway with storage, three double bedrooms, main bedroom having an en suite shower room, family bathroom, also benefiting from a utility cupboard adjacent to the kitchen and with more storage. Notable highlights within the spacious accommodation include five large south west facing window extending the full length of the living/dining/kitchen, fresh décor, high ceilings, a utility cupboard and great storge. The apartment has a further storage and an allocated car parking space in the development’s ground floor garage and there is visitors parking in the rear car park.
- Security entry system; communal entrance with stair access to all levels.
- Entrance vestibule and welcoming entrance hallway with laminate wood flooring and great storage.
- Very generous open plan living/dining/kitchen area of over 40 ft with laminate wood flooring, five large multi pane windows offering natural light and aspects south over the building tops towards Glasgow Green.
- The open plan kitchen is set back from the living space, separated by a half height wall and is complete with a range of base and wall mounted units and integrated appliances.
- There is a separate utility room with additional storage.
- The main bathroom has a white three-piece suite comprising bath with overhead shower, sink in set to vanity unit, toilet and complimentary tiling.
- The principal bedroom is a generous double with carpeted flooring, two inbuilt double wardrobes and an en suite shower room.
- Double bedroom two has carpeted flooring and an inbuilt double door wardrobe.
- Bedroom three is currently set up as a home office, it is a generous single bedroom, has carpeted flooring and an inbuilt double wardrobe.
- The property has gas central heating, great storage and an allocated car parking space in the buildings ground floor garage.
The location is superb with a range of amenities with the award-winning West microbrewery, a gym, and a dance studio in close proximity. The location is in the midst of ongoing urban regeneration where new housing was built in downtown areas within classically charming buildings and expanding the ever growing city boundaries and offering great value. There are many local shops and public transport links just minutes away in the city centre. The property is well placed for the City Centre particularly the very popular Merchant City and surrounding Glasgow Green Park. Early viewing recommended to appreciate the proportions and condition of this flat. A great opportunity for young professionals working the City Centre or investors alike as it is great for commuting with the Bridgeton Station only 0.2 miles away.
On foot from George Square head south down Hanover Street onto Miller Street, when you reach Argyle Street, turn left onto Argyle Street and continue along to Trongate, past Toll Cross and on onto London Road. You can continue straight through Glasgow Green and the Peoples Palace and fountain towards Templeton Street or follow London Road round, turning right into Arcadia Street. Follow Arcadia Street south and take first right into Arcadia Street. Following the road round to the junction with James Street, turn right into James Street and head north east where you will find the entrance to No 89 near the top of the street on the right hand side.
Council Tax Band: D
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.