Flat 0/1 The Old School, 97 Buccleuch Street, Garnethill, G3 6QT
This lovely one-bedroom duplex apartment is situated within the converted old Garnethill School building, formerly the Glasgow High School for Girls from 1899-1968. This section of the blond sandstone school building was refurbished in 1998, forming 13 residential apartments, centring around a private courtyard and carpark where No. 97 is accessed from a stone stairway leading from the rear courtyard and carpark area.
The apartment spans sq ft, offering stylish and flexible accommodation with a contemporary feel. Entered via a welcoming L-shaped hallway offering access to the main apartments. Notable features include the fresh décor, a double height living space with two, 9 ft high sash and case windows providing excellent natural light and views over Glasgow’s skyline, there is a staircase leading from the living space to a mezzanine area, which is a great space to be used as a spare bedroom and study and it has great storage with hatch access to loft area.
- Security entry system; barrier to private carpark and courtyard
- External staircase to front door entry
- Welcoming L-shaped reception hall leads to all main apartments.
- Generous 18 ft living/dining room with two 9ft high double-glazed sash and case window facing over Buccleuch Street and beyond
- Modern fitted kitchen set back from the living space and complete with a range of base and wall units with integrated oven, hob & hood.
- Staircase leads to a generous mezzanine room which is currently used as a study however would work as a second/ guest bedroom area and has hatch access to a partially floored attic.
- Main bedroom on lower floor with double glazed sash and case window to rear courtyard.
- Stylish three-piece bathroom with over bath shower and completed with tiled floor and wall coverings.
- The property has electric wet central heating with a boiler replaced circa 2019 and there is residents parking.
Located on Buccleuch Street in Garnethill; a quiet and predominantly residential area, only few minutes’ walk from both Sauchiehall Street, which has undergone a major public realm improvements programme and a selection of over ground and underground train stations including Charing Cross Station, St Georges Cross Underground Station or Cowcaddens Underground Station. The property is conveniently located for access to the City Centre, the Merchant City, International Financial Services District, the West End and Finnieston where a wealth of amenities including both general and specialist shopping, wine bars and many highly acclaimed restaurants can be found. The property is in close proximity to the Glasgow School of Art; Royal Conservatoire, Strathclyde, Caledonian & Glasgow Universities. The area benefits from frequent public transport with easy access to nearby subway stations; Queens Street and Central Train Stations. The nearby M8/M80 ensures good commuter access throughout the Central Belt and is within easy reach of some of Scotland’s most impressive countryside attractions.
By car from our office on Bath Street proceed west along Bath Street turning right onto Douglas Street and right again on to Sauchiehall Street. At the junction turn left into Rose Street and then right onto Renfrew Street. Taking the left filter lane, turn left onto Cambridge Street and then first left into Hill Street. Proceed up Hill Street taking the third road on the right down onto Scott Street and then first left into Buccleuch Street where the entrance to the building car park is less than 50 meters along on the left hand side behind a barrier. On entering the carpark proceed up the hill and bear right where No. 97 can be found immediately on the right hand side at the top of a stone staircase.
Council Tax Band: C
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.