Flat 2/2, 278 Old Rutherglen Road, New Gorbals, G5 0UN
Located within the popular New Gorbals, a suburb to the south of the City Centre, this lovely one-bedroom apartment boasts its own south facing balcony, it has been well maintained by its current owners and has a recently replaced gas central heating combi boiler. The apartment spans 633 sq ft and is conveniently located for easy access to many of the city’s great amenities and transport links.
The Development was completed circa 2004 by Cruden Homes as part of the regeneration of the area. The apartment has southerly aspects overlooking private secure gardens and ample residents parking and has a lovely flow with the entrance hallway providing access to all main apartments. The main living space spans 22 ft and has wonderful natural light flooding in from a wall of windows and a patio door leading to its own private balcony facing south over the development’s gardens. Set back from the living space and separated by a breakfasting peninsula is a modern kitchen. The generous double bedroom can be accessed from the living space or hallway and has excellent fitted storage and modern main bathroom. The property is ideal for a first-time buyer starter home or for a buy to let investor looking for great rental opportunity.
- Security entry system; stair access to all levels.
- Welcoming reception hallway with laminate wood floor coverings and storage.
- The living room spans over ##ft having a row of double glazed windows offering aspects south over the gardens and beyond, lots of natural light and access to a private balcony.
- Open plan kitchen with a range of base and wall mounted units, integrated appliances and door to communal hallway.
- Bedroom is accessed from the hallway next to the bathroom or from a door leading form the main living space offering easy access to the balcony. It has great storage with a wall of integrated wardrobes and comfortably fits a king size bed.
- Three-piece bathroom with over bath shower and complete with linoleum tiled floor and wet wall covering around the bath and shower area.
- The property has double glazing, recently replaced gas central heating boiler and residents parking.
Old Rutherglen Road is located within the New Gorbals area of Glasgow City Centre, having undergone extensive urban regeneration over the last 20 years this established suburb has its own shopping precinct yet benefits from easy access to both Glasgow’s main shopping thoroughfare, the ‘Style Mile’ being only 1.5miles away and a pleasant walk over Albert Bridge and with the Gorbals Leisure Centre only a few minutes walk away. It is an area of Glasgow which has benefitted from significant and ongoing redevelopment over the last few decades and is in good proximity to Strathclyde & Caledonian Universities, the Glasgow School of Art, the SEC and The Clyde Auditorium. The area benefits from frequent public transport with the nearby city centre offering access to Central and Queen Street Train Stations, and St Enoch subway stations. Public transport and road links are exceptional.
From Gorbals Leisure Centre on Ballater street, continue east turning first right into commercial Street. At the junction with Old Rutherglen Road, turn left onto Old Rutherglen Road where you will find No. 278 a short distance along on the right-hand side.
Council Tax Band: B
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.