Flat 4/6 De Quincey House, 48 West Regent Street, Glasgow City Centre, G2 2RA
This two-bedroom corner set apartment occupies a fourth floor (top) position within ‘De-Quincey House’, an impressive red sandstone building in the heart of the City Centre. Situated on the corner of Renfield Street and West Regent Street. It was originally built by Alfred Waterhouse, 1888-9 in Flemish Renaissance style, the 4-storey building was converted into apartments almost 100 years later and is exceptionally well placed to take advantage of an enviable selection of local amenities including, every-day and leisure shopping; excellent transport links by bus, rail and road and a wide selection of bars and restaurants.
The interior is bright and well-presented and has notable highlights including a fabulous main lounge/dining room with dual aspects north and east over the city skyline, an open plan kitchen set back from the living space, two bedrooms, one having fitted wardrobes and there is a modern bathroom and storage cupboard. The property is located on the top floor and is impressively quiet, with all but one of the interior walls being neighbour-free. The property will suit a wide range of buyers, whether you are looking for a lovely city apartment or a buy to let investment.
- Security entry system; communal entrance with lift or stair access to each floor.
- Reception hall way with storage.
- Main bathroom with white three piece suite and tiled walls.
- Open plan living dining kitchen with laminate wooden flooring and dual aspect windows.
- Kitchen set back from the main living space and has a range of base and wall units with integrated and under counter appliances.
- Bedroom one is a bright room with three windows fitted with a secondary glazing unit for sound and heat insulation, there is a walk-in cupboard and laminate floorcoverings.
- Second bedroom with two windows fitted with a secondary glazing unit for sound and heat insulation, and laminate floorcoverings.
- The property has gas heating and sash and case style windows with secondary glazing throughout.
This stylish apartment is situated in the heart of the City Centre where there is an excellent selection of shops nearby on Buchanan Street and Argyle Street together with a wonderful choice of restaurants and bars. Transport links are on the doorstep via bus and by rail from both Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street Station, with direct bus link to both Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and Glasgow’s International Financial Services District within a few minutes’ walk. The property is also well placed for road links including the M8 motorway network.
On foot from the junction with Renfield Street and West Regent Street, you will find No. 48 almost immediately on the right-hand side.
Request More Details
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.