3/5, 66 Victoria Crescent Road, Dowanhill, Glasgow, G12 9JL
This is one of the most stylish, elegant and beautifully presented apartments of its type.
Forming part of a landmark West End development in what was formerly a section of Notre Dame School, this absolutely luxurious third floor apartment has elevator access from the ground floor and is within a listed red sandstone building which has been sympathetically converted and now offers an enviable lifestyle in one of the district’s most sought after residential pockets.
Apartment 3/5 is one of the most exclusive in the development and whilst the interior was completed to an exceptional specification, we must also pay tribute to the present owner as the whole of the interior is absolutely stunning.
The property has a real “loft” feeling and the light is quite fantastic. It has southerly aspects to the front over the mature trees that line the Queens Gardens opposite and in addition to the traditional windows are eleven Velux windows to maximise the daylight. The rooms are all large and welcoming and the immaculate décor and hardwood, wide plank flooring further enhance the presentation. There are Porcelanosa fittings in the kitchen and also in the main bathroom and the four piece en suite shower room which includes a further bath.
Finally we would highlight the extraordinary feature of the retention of the original roof truss sections which provide additional, traditional charm in many parts of the property.
Externally the property has the significant advantage of a private parking space and a communal courtyard/garden space.
- Security video entry system to luxurious, carpeted communal hallway.
- Elevator and stairway to the third floor.
- Unexpectedly large and welcoming reception hall with three excellent storagecupboards and quality, wide plank wooden flooring.
- Dramatic, double door entrance to the incredible “loft” style drawing room (lounge/dining room) with a continuation of the quality, wide plank flooring. Bathed in light is the fabulous, arched window to the front and the four Velux windows (two in the kitchen) . Beautifully presented throughout and retaining original beam details in what is now an extraordinary contemporary space. The room also incorporates a study and “snug” area.
- Sleek and stylish Porcelanosa kitchen with Duropal worktops, Siemens oven and hob, integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher and a continuation of the quality, wide plank flooring.
- Useful utility room accessed from the kitchen.
- Beautiful, spacious, master bedroom suite with bedroom having window to the rear and a further Velux window. Generous fitted wardrobes and access to the en suite with Velux window. Retains original ceiling detail.
• Stunning four piece en suite bathroom by Porcelanosa with Velux window. Electric underfloor heating.
• A very generous second bedroom (presently used as a really stylish sitting room. Window to the rear, original ceiling detail and fitted wardrobes. Additional Velux window.
• Immaculate main bathroom by Porcelanosa. Velux window and electric underfloor
• Gas central heating with Hive digital thermostat and radiator valve controls
• Television and Sky connections in Lounge and Main Bedroom
• Electronic velux windows with remote control, 8 of which are fitted with blinds
• Shared courtyard/garden on ground floor level.
• Secure allocated parking space with trunking installed for Electric car charging- point
• Lift access to property
Council Tax Band: F
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.