First Floor, 12 Princes Terrace, Dowanhill, Glasgow, G12 9JP
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER AT 11:00AM
Located on the exclusive Princes Terrace, a particularly elegant terrace designed by James Thomson and dating to circa 1870, this is an outstanding drawing room conversion.
This impressive home occupies a preferred first floor position within a ‘B’ listed sandstone townhouse and enjoys a peaceful yet incredibly convenient West End location. Situated within the highly desirable conservation area of Dowanhill, 12 Princes Terrace is exceptionally well placed for everything the West End has to offer. There is an enviable selection of local amenities found on Hyndland Road, Clarence Drive and Byres Road together with excellent transport links and easy access to The University of Glasgow and The Botanic Gardens.
The internal accommodation benefits from excellent natural light, is presented in turnkey condition and is of really generous proportions extending to 1525 square feet with notable highlights including an incredible bay windowed lounge, a stunning dining kitchen accessed from the reception hall or via fabulous double doors from the lounge. In addition, there are three spacious and flexible double bedrooms and stylish four-piece bathroom. Additional features include wooden flooring in the lounge, focal point fireplaces in the lounge, kitchen and bedroom two, fitted wardrobes in bedroom two, ornate cornice work and operational window shutters in the kitchen, bedroom two and bathroom.
There is an active and dedicated residents’ association for number 1 – 12 inclusive with a structured group which has organised recent works including lighting upgrades, terrace re-surfacing, maintenance of the terrace gardens (front) and re-surfacing of the back lane (2022). Additionally, the association were instrumental in the improvement of the beautifully maintained pleasure gardens to the rear (gardens are shared with Crown Terrace).
- Security entry system
- Immaculately presented communal entrance hall
- Welcoming reception hall with useful overhead storage
- Magnificent drawing room with three section bay window, additional window to the side, focal point fireplace, ornate ceiling cornice, ceiling rose, wooden flooring and impressive double doors leading into the kitchen
- Superb kitchen with three section bay window to the rear, additional window to the side, central island, stone worktops, breakfasting bar, integrated appliances, focal point fireplace, operational window shutters, slate tiles and ceiling cornice
- Bedroom one with two windows to the front, shelved press and ornate ceiling cornice
- Bedroom two with two windows to the rear, operational window shutters, fitted wardrobe, shelved press, focal point fireplace and ceiling cornice
- Bedroom three with window to the front
- Charming four-piece bathroom comprising roll top bath, separate shower cubicle, toilet and wash hand basin. Window to the rear with operational window shutters
- Gas central heating
- Sash and case windows throughout
- Availability of residents permit parking
- Shared garden to the rear of the building
- Access to beautifully presented pleasure gardens to the rear. Access via security gate. Dog access permitted.
CT Band: F
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.