2/1 Caledon Street, Dowanhill, Glasgow, G12 9DX
CLOSING DATE THURSDAY 1ST FEBRUARY AT 11AM
This three bedroom flat is situated on the second floor of a handsome blonde sandstone tenement and the building has the rare feature of only having one flat on each landing.
The property enjoys a prominent position on the corner of Caledon Street and Highburgh Road and the architecture is complemented by a five section bow style window in the lounge.
The bright south facing lounge has an open outlook: its corner position affords views onto both Highburgh Road and Caledon Street.
Internally the flat delivers an extremely versatile five apartment layout which includes a large dining kitchen and there is also a bathroom off the hall with a three piece white suite. The bathroom suite is modern and versatile with a shower attachment. Other notable points include wooden flooring throughout the flat apart from bedroom one which is carpeted, fireplaces in the lounge and bedroom one (both with living flame gas fires), ornate ceiling cornicing and various storage cupboards.
Number 2 Caledon Street is a short distance from Byres Road and University Avenue. The property is incredibly convenient for numerous amenities such as Glasgow University; Hillhead Subway, The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Kelvingrove Park and The Botanic Gardens, all of which are within walking distance. Byres Road offers a variety of shops, restaurants, coffee shops, bars and Hillhead Library.
- Communal close entrance.
- Entrance vestibule with storm doors.
- Reception hall with wooden flooring, ornate ceiling cornice and storage off.
- Bright, spacious main lounge with a five section bow window to the front and the feature of an additional window to the side. Focal point fireplace with living flame gas fire, ornate ceiling cornicing and an ornate ceiling rose.
- Generous, fitted dining kitchen with window to the rear. Extensive storage units, work top surfaces, two Belfast sinks, “Stove” style cooker with extractor hood above, plenty of space for table and chairs and corner cupboard which houses the central heating boiler. Wooden flooring.
- Bedroom one (principal bedroom) which could also be a dining room/sitting room, which has a three section window to the front, a marble fire surround with living flame gas fire, ornate ceiling cornicing, wooden flooring and a storage cupboard off
- Bedroom two with window to the front.
- Bedroom three with window to the side, sanded/varnished flooring and fitted wardrobes with sliding door.
- Bathroom with window to the side and a three piece white suite.
- Gas central heating.
- Double glazing.
- Shared, well maintained open plan garden area to the rear.
Council Tax Band: E
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.