2/1, 29 Havelock Street, Dowanhill, Glasgow, G11 5HA
This large, light, and elegant second floor property enjoys a pleasant outlook over Dowanhill Park to the front and has a well-tended resident’s garden to the rear. Internally, the property has been tastefully upgraded by the current owners and includes a stunning library with bespoke bookshelves and rolling access ladder, formal study with bespoke fitted furniture both by Joachim King Furniture, together with a generous living room, south aspect dining kitchen, as well as three/four bedrooms, a three-piece bathroom, and three-piece ensuite shower room. The property retains a number of period features including operational window shutters in all principal apartments, cornice work and there are period fire surrounds in the principal bedroom and living room.
Occupying a fantastic central location moments from Byres Road and Hyndland, the location of this fine property offers an enviable selection of amenities including many bars and restaurants together with good local/national shopping. The area also caters well for an excellent selection of primary and secondary schooling, and it is incredibly handy for the University of Glasgow.
- Secure entry
- Welcoming and spacious reception hallway with notably high ceilings, dental block ceiling cornice, neutral decoration, and broad plank oak timber floor coverings
- A very tastefully presented front facing living room with two picture windows overlooking Downhill Park, operational window shutters, bold ceiling cornice, focal point fire surround with wood burning stove and tiled hearth, shelved wall press cupboard, and broad plank oak timber floor coverings
- South aspect dining kitchen complete with range of base and wall units, tiled backsplash, and there is space for appliances. In addition, there is a window seat, shelved wall press cupboard, high level recess storage, pantry cupboard, and hardwood timber floor coverings
- The principal bedroom is a delightful front facing room overlooking Dowanhill Park with triple window, operation window shutters, decorative ceiling cornice and ceiling rose, shelved wall press cupboard, black marble fire surround with tiled hearth, wood burning stove, and there are painted timber floor boards
- Library/formal dining room complete with high ceilings, front aspect window, wall press cupboard, broad plank dark oak floor coverings, and beautiful bespoke book shelving including rolling access ladder completed by Joachim King Furniture.
- Bedroom two is a bright rear facing double room overlooking the communal garden, and complete with delicate ceiling cornice, neutral decoration, and painted timber floorboards
- Study /bedroom with storage cupboard, front aspect window, operation window shutters, and bespoke built-in oak desk, wall shelving, and tall unit by Joachim King Furniture
- Bedroom four/utility with rear aspect window, operational window shutters, painted floorboards, and there is an ensuite shower room situated off
- Three-piece ensuite shower room comprising WC, wash hand basin with vanity storage, and large walk-in shower, together with partially tiled walls, and painted timber floorboards
- Bathroom complete with WC, wash hand basin, and bath with shower attachment over, partially tiled walls, and oak timber floor coverings
- Gas central heating
- Lovely shared rear garden
- On street permit parking
Council Tax Band: E
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.