Flat 2/1, 72 Novar Drive, Hyndland, Glasgow, G12 9TZ
Situated on the second floor of a handsome red sandstone tenement building, this delightful and very generous two-bedroom property boasts southwest aspects and an open outlook over Novar Drive and Polwarth Street. The property is neutrally decorated, very well maintained, and retains a wealth of traditional tenement features to include ornate cornice, ceiling rose, high skirtings, fire surrounds, refurbished sash and case windows, original corner storage complimented with a modern galley style kitchen accessed off the dining room.
The substantial accommodation spans over 1142 sq ft and includes a welcoming reception hallway with great storage, a generous living room with feature fireplace, deep three section bay offering open outlook, dining room with modern kitchen off, there are two excellent double bedrooms one having a large walk-in wardrobe also accessed from the hallway, and a modern three-piece bathroom with window. The property is centrally located in the sought after Hyndland District, popular due to its enviable selection of amenities and excellent transport links, with Hyndland Railway Station at the foot of the road and with easy access to Hyndland Road’s conveniences, Byres Road nearby and The University of Glasgow. The location now benefits from on street parking via Glasgow City Council Permits. Early viewing is recommended.
- Well-maintained communal entrance close with half height tiling to lower floors.
- Main door entrance and hallway with cream carpeted floorcovering continued through out the property to all main apartments.
- An impressive living room overlooks Novar Drive and Polwarth Street via a large three section bay window, tastefully decorated and with feature fire surround, ceiling cornice detail and shelved wall press.
- Dining room with two section window to rear, original pantry and prees style storage with shelved cupboards and drawers and archway offering access to a refitted, modern galley kitchen complete with a range of base and wall mounted units, topped with granite style worktops, together with integrated oven, gas hob, extractor hood, dishwasher, fridge and with freezer compartment, there is a two-pane recessed window and dual aspects from two separate windows.
- Bedroom one with ceiling cornice, focal point fire surround with tiled hearth, shelved wall press, double aspect front facing two-section window.
- Second double bedroom with rear aspect window, ceiling cornice and walk in wardrobe also accessible from the hallway.
- Main bathroom from hallway enters via a half-frosted glass door, and is complete with a white three-piece suite comprising WC, wash hand basin, and bath with over bath shower, tiled floor coverings, partially tiled and panelled walls together with a window.
- Gas central heating & refurbished sash and case windows.
- Communal rear courtyard and garden
Located withing the highly popular Hyndland district and built between 1890 and 1914. The property is close to Clarence Drive, Hyndland Road and with Great Western Road on hand. The area benefits from an extensive range of local amenities including general and specialist shops, acclaimed and popular delis and restaurants, in addition there is Hyndland School and Hyndland Railway Station. It is handy for the Clyde Tunnel and access into Glasgow City Centre and is extremely convenient for Byres Road for a broader selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Local hospitals include Gartnavel General and The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital accessed via the Clyde Tunnel.
From our Byres Road office travel north to 1st traffic lights. Left into Highburgh Road and continue into Hyndland road. Left at lights into Clarence drive, and turning third left into Polwarth Street, heading to the far end of Polwarth Stret and the junction with Novar where you will find the entrance to No. 72 diagonally across the street on the right hand side.
Council Tax Band: F
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.