Fortingall Hotel, Fortingall, Aberfeldy, Perthshire, PH15 2NQ
A handsome 19th Century ‘Arts and Crafts’ style hotel in Highland Perthshire, where period charm and quality modern appointments combine, to allow for the provision of timeless hospitality with an abundance of character.
Fortingall Hotel presents the rare opportunity to acquire an 11-bedroom hotel with a prominent place in the cultural heritage of the Upper Tay Valley and an enduring reputation.
- 11 en-suite guest bedrooms
- Well-proportioned, finely appointed accommodation, including two dining rooms, a lounge, and a library.
- Atmospheric Public Bar, ‘The Ewe’ – a popular local attraction in its own right.
- Prominent position in the idyllic Perthshire village of Fortingall – known for its thatched cottages, Celtic connections, and the Fortingall Yew – a tree thought to be 5,000 years in age and the oldest in the world.
- Glorious setting by the mouth of Glen Lyon – often cited as one of Scotland’s most beautiful glens.
- Close proximity to Loch Tay, Kenmore, and Aberfeldy.
- Highly popular leisure & tourist location, with ready accessibility from Scotland’s major cities and airports.
- Excellent opportunities to increase the scale of the business.
- Pre-Covid t/o c. £430,000 (net) – currently trading on limited opening.
Dining Room (50 Covers)
Yew Room – private dining / function room.
The Ewe Bar
11 Letting Bedroom to sleep 22 (all with en-suite facilities)
9 x Double
2 x Twin
Good sized Commercial Kitchen
Prep/Wash Up Room
Office – Wine Store
Basement Cellar – Beers and wines
Laundry Room on 2nd floor
Walk–in Chillroom in rear Steading.
Dry Goods and Fridge/Freezer Store in rear Steading.
Private Second Floor Flat
Living Room; Kitchenette; 2 bedrooms; Bathroom
Extensive garden area to side and rear of the hotel, and parking area.
The property is also being marketed for sale with a four-bedroom steading cottage and accompanying garaging. Please contact selling agents for further information.
Request More Details
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.