Little Carron Cottage, Little Carron Gardens, St. Andrews, KY16 8QN
Charming, beautifully extended cottage – idyllically set in a popular leafy location, opposite the entrance to the iconic Lade Braes, with lovely garden and driveway parking.
- Substantial and delightful family house
- Flexible layout including self-contained apartment with separate entrance/parking
- Sought-after established setting, on corner of Little Carron Gardens and Hepburn Gardens
- Convenient location close to the heart of St Andrews, within easy walking distance of schools and amenities
- Proven track record for Airbnb and B&B
- Dating from circa 1840
Property Details & Description
Main Hall, Living Room, Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Room, Family Room, Sitting Room, Three Bedrooms (1 En-Suite), Shower Room, WC, Second Kitchen/Utility, Rear Hall
Hall, Bedroom with Study/Dressing Room and WC, Bedroom with shared En Suite Jack and Jill Bathroom, Shower/Utility Room
Positioned directly opposite the entrance the iconic Lade Braes river walk, Little Carron Cottage is delightfully situated in a popular leafy established residential area on the corner of Little Carron Gardens and Hepburn Gardens, close to the heart of Fife’s golfing mecca of St Andrews and its cosmopolitan shopping district which includes South Street, Market Street, Bell Street and North Street. The ancient and historic university town and world renowned ‘Home of Golf’ offers residents a superb mix of amenities and facilities, all of which are within a convenient distance of the property. The city of Dundee is some thirteen miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. The East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages, whilst the bustling former county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding St Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, rivers, and hill ground which provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing, and riding all readily available. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the 150th anniversary event returned to St Andrews in July 2022. St Andrews Links Trust have seven courses in the town and other nearby courses include the Dukes, Kingsbarns, Dumbarnie, Crail, Lundin Links and Ladybank. In terms of days out Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie are a short drive away and offer good sandy beaches, in addition to those found at St Andrews itself. National Trust for Scotland properties in the area include Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally, with independent schooling being provided at St Leonards in St Andrews and the High School of Dundee. Rail transport links can be found at Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee. Dundee and Edinburgh airports are also well within reach.
Little Carron Cottage presents a rare opportunity to acquire a wonderful, significantly extended detached cottage in a stunning garden. Believed to date from circa 1840, and most recently extended in 2018, the house was originally constructed as the owner’s property for the adjacent edge of town market garden where the more modern houses at Little Carron Gardens now stand. The very well-presented accommodation is both generous and flexible, with scope for 4 spacious public rooms and 5 bedrooms serviced by 4 bath/shower rooms – perhaps the ideal family house! A particular feature of the property is the recent modern extension which added the superb main living room with cosy stove and bright open plan kitchen/dining room, which look out over the colourful well-stocked garden. The older part of the house is also delightful, centered around the impressive main hall and comprising excellent family room, sitting room and 3 bedrooms (1 en-suite), along with utility room/second kitchen, shower room, WC and rear hall. Upstairs is a lovely bedroom with study/dressing room and wc, a further bedroom with shared en-suite Jack and Jill bathroom, a separate shower/utility room and the hall. Well suited as a family home, with a truly delightful and charming feel throughout, Little Carron Cottage also has a proven recent track record as a successful B&B/Airbnb with the flexible layout offering significant scope to configure the house to offer self-contained guest accommodation and/or individual letting rooms.
The well-stocked manicured garden at Little Carron Cottage is a delight, with generous sweeping lawns, a superb, sheltered suntrap terrace and a wonderful mix of plants, trees and shrubs. There is a summer house and two sheds, along with ample off-road parking.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 8QN.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Additional items of furniture may be available by separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains gas, water, drainage and electricity.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.