6 Balone Steading, St. Andrews, KY16 8NS
Fantastic single storey family house with lovely garden and garage, quietly and delightfully located close to the Duke’s Golf Course on the western outskirts of the Home of Golf
Superb family house offering well-presented, flexible accommodation
Wonderful quiet leafy setting
Garage, driveway parking
Convenient tranquil location with easy access into town
Commutable to Edinburgh
Rating Band C
Tax Band G
Property Details & Description
Entrance Vestibule, Main Hall, Living Room, Lounge, Master Bedroom with En-Suite Bathroom, Three Further Bedrooms, Kitchen, Bathroom, Toilet and Utility Room.
Delightful front garden, with two courtyard gardens to rear
6 Balone Steading is an outstanding, spacious single storey family house standing in a wonderful quiet secluded leafy setting close to the Duke’s Golf Course at Mount Melville on the western outskirts of St Andrews. This charming tranquil property is just a short distance away from all the buzz and energy of the vibrant centre of St Andrews, and is close to the popular grounds of Craigtoun Country Park. From 6 Balone Steading it is a delightful walk into central St Andrews along the Fife Pilgrim Way, through areas of woodland and along the medieval Lade Braes. The nearby Duke’s Course is owned by Kohler Company who also own The Old Course Hotel. It is a stunning challenging parkland course with superb views over St Andrews.
Balone / Mount Melville is a quiet, hamlet-style area on the edge of St Andrews. Whilst enjoying all the benefits of the town, the house is away from the noise and traffic of the lively student areas whilst still being in easy reach of all the fantastic amenities of the “Auld Grey Toon”. St Andrews is renowned worldwide as the home of golf. There are now seven golf courses at St Andrews including the Old Course, regular host to the Open Championship which will next be staged there in July 2022. There are many other golf courses in the area including two courses at St Andrews Bay, Kingsbarns, Crail, Dumbarnie, Ladybank and Elie. The University of St Andrews is one of the oldest in Britain (founded in 1413) and attracts students from all over the world. The town benefits from a cinema and a theatre. It provides good state schooling at the brand-new Madras College campus and private coeducational schooling at St Leonards. The High School of Dundee is within easy reach. Beyond St Andrews is the East Neuk of Fife with its spectacular coastline which boasts fishing villages built around picturesque harbours and sandy unspoilt beaches. Leuchars railway station (4 miles) is on the main Aberdeen to London line and connects to Dundee and Edinburgh. Edinburgh Airport is only 50 miles away.
Beautifully presented and deceptively spacious, 6 Balone Steading is a wonderful family house offering comfortable high quality single storey accommodation with many delightful features. The flexible accommodation features two lovely well-proportioned reception rooms, interconnected with glazed doors, along with beautiful well-appointed kitchen / dining area which is very much at the heart of this charming property. The spacious main bedroom has en-suite facilities, with three further bedrooms, family bathroom, hall, wc and utility room completing the accommodation. With double glazing and mains gas central heating, as well as a gas fire in the sitting room, 6 Balone Steading offers comfortable very flexible contemporary family living in a prime location.
Early viewing is advised.
The well-stocked enclosed front garden at 6 Balone Steading is a joy, being of a good size and with a neat lawn and a lovely mix of plants, trees and shrubs. To the rear of the house are two sheltered courtyards ideal for alfresco dining / BBQ’s.
There is a single attached garage with electric up and over door, along with ample parking.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 8NS.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Mains gas central heating.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT
Rating Band C
Tax Band G
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from late June 2022
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.