9 Lodge Walk, Elie, Leven, KY9 1DD
Delightful village house, close to the beach
- Wonderful iconic village setting
- Easy access to all amenities
- Convenient for St Andrews and the Fife coast
- Attractive living space with potential to remodel and extend (subject to consents)
- 2 dedicated parking spaces
- Garden, shed
Tenure - Freehold
Council Tax - Band G
EPC - Band C
Property Details & Description
Hall, Kitchen, Open Plan Living/Dining Room, Conservatory, WC, Utility Room
Three Bedrooms, Shower Room, Hall
Parking - 2 dedicated spaces
The sought-after connected villages of Elie and Earlsferry in the East Neuk are popular holiday destinations and offer unspoilt sandy beaches, accessible golf courses and water sports. Situated just off the iconic Elie High Street, close to the beach, 9 Lodge Walk is ideally positioned for access to all amenities including Elie Golf Course, tennis club and the shops, cafés and restaurants of the villages. The East Neuk of Fife is famed for its picturesque fishing villages, Coastal Path and sandy beaches, with Elie and Earlsferry boasting one of the finest. Sailing, wind surfing and other water sports are available at Elie Harbour and there are two golf courses. The villages also have golf practice facilities, several hard tennis courts and a bowling green, with Elie Sports Club offering group and individual coaching in golf and tennis during school holidays, and are well served by pubs and cafés, including the renowned Ship Inn and the historic 19th Hole tavern and restaurant in Earlsferry. St Andrews, the world renowned ‘Home of Golf', host to the recent 150th anniversary of The Open, and the setting for one of Britain's oldest universities, is 13 miles to the north, whilst approximately 14 miles to the north-west is Cupar, Fife’s bustling county market town, which also provides a good range of services. Dundee is within a 45-minute drive to the north, with Edinburgh about an hour and 20 minutes to the south. The outstanding Fife countryside comprising a lovely mix of fertile farmland, woodland, hill, stunning coastline, and river surrounds Elie. The result is home to an array of wildlife and for the outdoor enthusiast provides an area offering access to a wide range of recreational pursuits including riding, cycling, walking, sailing and golf. There are many highly rated golf courses within easy reach including the renowned courses at Dumbarnie Links, Crail, Kingsbarns, St Andrews Bay, Elie, Leven, Lundin Links and the numerous fine courses in and around St Andrews. In terms of days out there are several popular National Trust for Scotland properties close by, notably Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. There are railway stations at Cupar, Ladybank, Markinch and Kirkcaldy, with Dundee and Edinburgh airports within easy reach.
9 Lodge Walk is a wonderfully comfortable home offering deceptively spacious living space with a lovely bright southerly aspect. The charming accommodation is set over two floors with the excellent open plan sitting room / dining room very much at the heart of the house and with sunny conservatory off. Completing the ground floor is the well-appointed kitchen, utility room, wc and hall. Upstairs there are three good bedrooms along with family shower room and hall.
The property benefits from mains gas central heating and double glazing. Subject to all consents and permissions, there may be scope to extend the house with space availabe to the side and rear.
There is a gate from the Lodge Walk/Hycroft estate directly on to Stenton Row, leading to the beach and The Ship.
Early viewing is advised.
To the front of the house is an excellent enclosed private garden, essentially laid to grass, with patio and shed. There is a further area of garden ground to the rear along with private parking.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY9 1DD.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Certain items may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, gas, drainage, and electricity.
Local Authority - Fife Council
EPC Rating – Band C
Council Tax - Band G
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from February 2023
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.