1 Younger Place, Strathkinness, St. Andrews, KY16 9RH
Wonderful family home in sought-after Fife village, close to St Andrews
- Small development in edge-of-village setting
- Beautifully presented, contemporary accommodation
- Delightful garden with driveway parking and garage
- 1,991sqft – built circa 2002 by renowned Headon Developments
- Convenient location with easy access to rail connections, St Andrews, Dundee, Cupar and Perth
EPC - Band D
Council Tax - Band G
Tenure - Freehold
Property Details & Description
Hall, Dining Kitchen, Living Room, Four Bedrooms (one en-suite), Bathroom, Utility Room
Two Bedrooms, Shower Room, Landing
Gardens, Garage, Parking
1 Younger Place sits in an attractive edge-of-village setting, in the wonderful village of Strathkinness. The house is conveniently positioned for all village amenities and a short distance from St Andrews, Fife’s renowned golfing mecca, and all the wider amenities, shops, restaurants, sandy beaches and golf courses that the town boasts.
The city of Dundee is some twelve miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. The East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages, whilst the bustling former county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding St Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, rivers, and hill ground, which provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing, and riding all readily available.
There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the 150th anniversary event returned to St Andrews in July 2022. St Andrews Links Trust have seven courses in the town, other nearby courses include Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, the Dukes, Crail, Lundin Links and Ladybank. In terms of days out Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie are a short drive away and offer good sandy beaches, in addition to those found at St Andrews. National Trust for Scotland properties in the area include Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State primary schooling is available in the village, just a short walk away. Further State Primary and Senior schooling is available in St Andrews and nearby independent schooling options can be found at St. Leonards in St Andrews and the High School of Dundee, Dundee. There are rail transport links at Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee. Dundee and Edinburgh airports are also well within reach.
Constructed in 2002 by the renowned Headon Homes, 1 Younger Place is a fantastic, light and very well-maintained family home. The understated, timeless façade is in keeping with the immaculate accommodation within, which offers plentiful, flexible accommodation. The good-sized dining kitchen sits at the front of the property, along with a useful adjacent utility room with garden access off, alongside the dual aspect living room with cosy fireplace and double doors leading to the sheltered garden. Also front-facing, the bay-windowed principal bedroom, has a walk-through dressing area and ensuite shower room. Three additional bedrooms, a family bathroom and cupboard storage complete the ground floor. Upstairs there are two further two bedrooms and a shower room.
A well maintained garden, laid to lawn and with shrubbed bed, wraps around the property.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 9RH
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Services and Factoring
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from June 2023.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.