33 Craigie Hill, Drumoig, St Andrews, KY16 0NA
Exceptional bungalow, idyllically set at Drumoig near St Andrews
- Fabulously presented, highly spacious home circa 1,700 sqft
- Peaceful private country setting
- Bright beautifully presented flexible accommodation
- Lovely garden
- Integral double garage, driveway parking
- Convenient for St Andrews, Dundee and Cupar
- Commutable to Edinburgh
EPC Rating - Band D
Council Tax - Band G
Tenure - Freehold
Property Details & Description
Entrance Vestibule, Hallway, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen with Sunroom / Family Room, 3 Bedrooms (1 En-Suite), Study / Bed 4, Utility Room, Bathroom.
Delightful extensive garden with sheltered terrace
Integral double garage
33 Craigie Hill is magnificently located at Drumoig in some wonderful rolling Fife countryside, very quiet and tranquil yet highly convenient for speedy access to St Andrews, Dundee and Cupar. The ancient, historic and cosmopolitan town of St Andrews is about a 15-minute drive to the southeast and offers an excellent range of facilities, along with a highly regarded university. St Andrews is known worldwide as the “Home of Golf” and was host to the 150th British Open Championship in July 2022. Approximately 5 miles to the southwest is Cupar, Fife’s bustling county market town, which also provides a good range of services. Dundee is a 20-minute drive to the north, with Edinburgh about 90 minutes to the south. The outstanding Fife countryside surrounds Drumoig and comprises a lovely mix of fertile farmland, woodland, hill, stunning coastline and river. The result is home to an array of wildlife and for the outdoor enthusiast provides an area offering access to a wide range of recreational pursuits including riding, cycling, walking, sailing and golf. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the 150th anniversary event returned to St Andrews in July 2022. St Andrews Links Trust have seven courses in the town, other nearby courses include Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, the Dukes, Crail, Lundin Links and Ladybank. In terms of days out Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie are a short drive away and offer good sandy beaches, in addition to those found at St Andrews. National Trust for Scotland properties in the area include Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally, with independent schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St Andrews and the High School of Dundee. Rail transport links can be found at Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee. Dundee and Edinburgh airports are also well within reach.
33 Craigie Hill is a wonderful most substantial and flexible bungalow, beautifully presented, very spacious and bright, and with a lovely southerly outlook. With triple glazing and LPG gas central heating, the very comfortable accommodation is both generous and charming, with a superb kitchen / sunroom / family room at heart of the house, along with the stunning well-proportioned main sitting room, and formal dining room - ideal for entertaining. The main bedroom is a delight, with en-suite shower room and ample storage. There are two further good-sized bedrooms along with study / bed 4, family bathroom, utility room, hall and vestibule.
The extensive gardens and grounds at 33 Craigie Hill are exceptional, with generous neat lawns, lovely, sheltered terrace, and an attractive mix of plants, trees and shrubs.
There is an integral double garage and ample driveway parking.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 0NA.
Fixtures & Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Certain items may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Services & Factoring
Mains water, drainage and electricity.
LPG gas central heating.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars & Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from April 2023
Websites & Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage, or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.