7 Younger Place, Strathkinness, St. Andrews, KY16 9RH
Impressive family house with lovely large garden, double garage and great views, in a popular Fife village close to St Andrews
Delightful spacious modern accommodation circa 2,174 sqft
Stunning interiors and immaculate presentation throughout
Charming edge of village setting with views to St Andrews
Excellent large garden with summerhouse
Double garage, driveway parking, sheds, greenhouse
Council Tax G
Property Details & Description
Hall, sitting room, family room, kitchen / dining room, study / bed 5, conservatory, utility room, wc / shower room
Four bedrooms (2 en-suite), bathroom, hall
Delightful front and rear gardens
Boasting wonderful open views and a lovely bright easterly aspect to the rear, 7 Younger Place is charmingly situated in an attractive edge of village setting in the highly sought-after Strathkinness. The house is conveniently positioned for all village amenities and is also within easy striking distance of St Andrews, Fife’s renowned golfing mecca. The ancient and historic university town offers residents a superb mix of amenities and facilities and is famed worldwide as the “Home of Golf”. The city of Dundee is some thirteen miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. Fife’s pretty East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and Elie whilst the bustling county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding Strathkinness and St. Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline, with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, river and hill ground. The result is home to an array of wildlife which provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available.
There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St. Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the event returned to St Andrews in July 2022 for its 150th anniversary. There are seven courses under the management of The St Andrews Links Trust - the Old, the New, the Jubilee, the Castle, the Eden, the Strathtyrum and the Balgove – with the courses at Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, the Dukes, Crail, Lundin Links and Ladybank also close by, to name but a few. In terms of days out there are a number of good sandy beaches in the area including those at St. Andrews itself as well as Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie. There are several popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee with Edinburgh airport well within reach.
Constructed by the renowned local St Andrews builders Headon Homes, 7 Younger Gardens is a high-quality immaculately presented family home offering supremely comfortable and spacious modern accommodation over 2 levels circa 2,174 sqft. The interiors are spectacular. At the heart of the house is the beautiful, very well-appointed open plan contemporary kitchen / dining room with views out over the rear garden whist the fabulous main sitting room offers highly impressive quality living space with a lovely open fire. Double split pane glazed doors open through to the adjacent family room, also with cosy stove and a great relaxed feel. Open to the family room is the spacious conservatory, an excellent bright living space with great views over the surrounding fields and countryside. To the front of the house is the well-proportioned study / bed 5, with the spacious hall, shower room and modern fitted utility room completing the ground floor. Upstairs there are four exquisite bedrooms, two with en-suite facilities, as well as the family bathroom and hall. There is excellent storage, and the house has mains gas central heating and double glazing.
Delightful front and rear gardens
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 9RH.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Some of the furniture and contents may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from May 2023.
Please note that we are required under the Estate Agents Act 1979, and the Provision of Information Regulations 1991, to point out that the client we are acting for on the sale of this property is a ‘connected person' as defined by the act.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.