Woodlands, 32 Balgove Road, Gauldry, Newport-on-Tay, DD6 8SH
Beautiful village house with a delightful garden
- Delightful family home offering flexible accommodation circa 1,905 sq ft
- Full of character and charm
- Sought-after village
- Wonderful quiet location, within walking distance of all amenities
- Extensive gardens and grounds, single garage, garden store, sheds, driveway parking
- Outstanding opportunity
EPC - Band D
Council Tax - Band F
Tenure - Freehold
Property Details & Description
Kitchen, Living Room, Sitting Room, 2 Bedrooms, Bathroom, Shower Room, Utility Room, Hall, Vestibule
Bedroom (With En-Suite Shower Room), Bedroom with Attic Room off, Landing
Enjoying a wonderfully secluded leafy setting, the magnificent Woodlands is attractively situated in the popular village of Gauldry, close to Newport-on-Tay. The property is highly accessible, well positioned for access to Dundee, Cupar and St. Andrews, with Perth, Aberdeen and Edinburgh also within comfortable driving distance. Good local services are available in Gauldry, Wormit and Newport on Tay with all of Dundee's facilities and amenities on hand across the River Tay. Cupar, Fife's bustling market town, lies ten minutes' drive to the south and offers an excellent range of shops and services as well as a thriving monthly farmers' market whilst the ancient and historic town of St. Andrews, globally acclaimed as the Home of Golf lies about thirteen miles to the south-east. North-east Fife provides access to an area of particularly outstanding and varied countryside with hill, wood, river, farmland and coastline. As a result there is a wide range of outdoor activities on hand with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. It is perhaps golf for which Fife is most well-known however with numerous top-quality courses in a comparatively small area including the world-renowned Old Course at St. Andrews which regularly hosts the Open Championship. Other notable courses include Ladybank, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns and Crail. Shooting and fishing may be taken locally with the lovely quaint fishing villages of the East Neuk such as Elie, Anstruther and St. Monans well within striking distance. There are good state primary and secondary schools in the area with independent schooling on hand at a number of highly rated schools including St. Leonards at St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee whilst Edinburgh airport lies approximately one hour to the south. The regional airport at Dundee offers short-haul flights
Full of charm and character, Woodlands is an utterly delightful village house which has been lovingly refurbished and improved by the current owners to create a stunning, very comfortable modern family home. Fully remodelled, the deceptively spacious accommodation extends to circa 1,905 sqft, offering excellent flexible contemporary living space over two floors. Recent upgrades include new double glazing throughout, new electric heating, new stoves and refurbished flooring. The new high-quality kitchen is spectacular, as are the bathrooms and shower rooms. With a lovely bright southerly aspect, natural lights pours into many of the front facing rooms which look out over the sizeable front garden. Subject to individual requirements there is scope for 2 / 3 reception rooms and 4 / 5 bedrooms, with one of the upstairs bedrooms also benefiting from an excellent additional attic room off – ideal for a playroom / dressing room.
Early viewing is advised.
Delightful extensive garden with a generous lawn and a lovely mix of plants, trees and shrubs.
Driveway parking, single garage, sheds and stores.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is DD6 8SH.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity and drainage.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Photos September 2023.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, Rettie and Co, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.