Feus House, Kedlock Feus, Cupar, KY15 4PY
Wonderful family home in Fife countryside
- Spacious very well-presented extended family accommodation
- Excellent modern living space
- Large garden with ample parking and garage
- Outstanding contemporary living space, approx. 1,894sqft
- Convenient for Cupar, St Andrews, Dundee and Edinburgh – ideal for commuters
Council Tax - Band G
EPC - Band D
Tenure - Freehold
Property Details & Description
Hall, Living Room, Dining Kitchen, 2 Bedrooms, Family Bathroom
Bedroom (with en-suite bathroom & walk-in-wardrobe), Sitting Room, Study
Double garage and parking
The small hamlet of Kedlock Feus sits in attractive parts of north east Fife. St Andrews and its golf courses are 20 minutes away. The House is in rural location with local market town of Cupar being 4 miles offering supermarkets, all local services with a good range of shops, railway stations at both Cupar & Leuchars make ideal commuting with Cross Country and East Coast main line services Dundee is a 15-minute drive where you will find the new V&A Museum and within ten minutes you can be at Cupar, with main line railway station and all other amenities
Beautiful Feus House is a wonderful idyllic country property, sitting in the stunning Fife countryside. The house is well positioned for the commuter, sitting just a short distance to the north of the popular county market town of Cupar, which provides a good range of local shops, services and amenities together with primary and secondary schooling. St Andrews, the ancient and historic university town, renowned worldwide as “The Home of Golf”, is a twenty-minute drive to the east and a full range of city amenities and facilities is readily accessible in nearby Dundee, home to Scott’s RRS Discovery and the V&A. Perth is also within comfortable driving distance and Edinburgh sits less than an hour to the south.
Feus House provides access to an area of particularly outstanding and varied countryside with hill, wood, river, farmland and a lovely coastline all close by. The area is home to an array of wildlife and presents a fine choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. It is perhaps golf for which Fife is most well-known however with numerous top courses in a comparatively small area, including the world-renowned Old Course at St Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the 150th anniversary event returned to St Andrews in July 2022. Ladybank, Lundin Links, Elie, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Crail and the Duke’s Course are all nearby along with the many highly rated Links courses in and around St Andrews.
The lovely quaint fishing villages of the East Neuk such as Anstruther, St Monans, Pittenweem and Crail, several good beaches such as Tentsmuir, St Andrews, Elie and the vast open spaces of the Lomond hills are also all within easy reach. In terms of visitor attractions, the area is well served by a number of National Trust for Scotland properties including Falkland Palace, Kellie Castle and Hill of Tarvit House. There are several state primary and secondary schools in the area, with independent schooling on hand at St Leonards in St Andrews, the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Springfield, Cupar, Ladybank, Markinch and Leuchars. Dundee and Edinburgh airports are also well within reach.
Feus House is an well-presented and maintained detached property offering modern bright accommodation over two floors. A generous conservatory gives opens onto the large living room with Swedish copper multi-fuel stove and direct garden access. The adjacent well-appointed dining kitchen is light and bright. Two bedrooms, with access to the terrace outside, and a family bath/shower room complete the floor. Upstairs is a generous principal bedroom suite which includes a walk-in wardrobe, cupboard storage and an en-suite shower room. A large sitting room with study off offers the opportunity to create two further bedrooms, one with en-suite, subject to the necessary permissions.
The property has extensive garden grounds which include lawned and terraced area, along with established planting.
There is a double garage, with power and photovoltaic panels, and plentiful driveway parking.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY15 4PY.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water and electricity and private drainage.
Central heating is provided from a combination of oil fired and an air-to-air heat source systems.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from October 2023
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, Rettie and Co, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Request More Details
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.