27 Shore Street, Cellardyke, Anstruther, KY10 3BD
Spectacular coastal opportunity, with breath-taking sea views and huge potential
Flexible living space requiring full refurbishment circa 1,324 sqft.
Sought-after coastal setting, close to harbour and tidal pool
Direct beach access
Attractive private garden
Sea wall outbuilding with potential scope for creation of self-contained studio / annexe (subject to all consents)
Superb setting in a highly sought-after East Neuk conservation village
Convenient for St Andrews, the Home of Golf, and the Fife coast
Council Tax D
Property Details & Description
Entrance Hall, Dining Room, Bedroom, Dining Kitchen, Shower Room, Utility Room, Toilet.
Lounge, Two Bedrooms.
Delightful private garden with direct access to beach.
Sea wall workshop with store below.
Location, location, location! 27 Shore Street presents a fantastic opportunity in a wonderful location right on the coast, sitting between the iconic village harbour and the celebrated cold water tidal pool, within the sought after East Neuk conservation village of Cellardyke - which connects with the adjoining larger village of Anstruther to the west. The villages have a thriving community and provide a very good range of shops, services and amenities and from Cellardyke there is easy access to the other villages of the East Neuk, including Crail, Pittenweem, St Monans and Elie. The ancient historic cosmopolitan town of St Andrews is about a 20 minute drive to the north and offers an excellent range of facilities along with a highly regarded university. St Andrews is known worldwide as the “Home of Golf” with the 150th British Open Championship having last visited in summer 2022.
About 18 miles to the north-west is Cupar, Fife’s bustling county market town which also provides a good range of services. Dundee is within a 45-minute drive to the north with Edinburgh about an hour and 20 minutes to the south. Surrounding Cellardyke is an area of outstanding Fife countryside comprising a lovely mix of fertile farmland, woodland, hill, stunning coastline and river. The result is home to an array of wildlife and for the outdoor enthusiast provides an area offering access to a wide range of recreational pursuits including riding, cycling, walking, sailing and golf. There are many highly rated golf courses within easy reach including the renowned courses at Crail itself, Kingsbarns, St Andrews Bay, Elie, Leven, Lundin Links and the numerous fine courses in and around St Andrews.
The popular Fife coastal path runs through the village close to the property and the Cellardkye tidal pool and harbour is within walking distance. Cellardyke is well placed for accessing the various other pretty fishing villages of Fife’s quaint East Neuk whilst in terms of days out the wide open spaces of the Lomond Hills are not far away along with a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties, notably Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. Fife’s beautiful and varied coastline includes several good sandy beaches such as those at Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns, Elie and St Andrews. State schooling is available locally with private schooling being provided at St Leonards in St Andrews. There are railway stations at Cupar, Ladybank, Markinch and Kirkcaldy with Edinburgh airport less than an hour and 20 minutes to the south.
Extending to circa 1,324 sqft and in need of full refurbishment, 27 Shore Street is a most attractive village property with wonderful sea views and direct beach access. The flexible accommodation has huge potential and is set out over two floors with scope for 1 / 2 reception rooms, 3 / 4 bedrooms, shower room, hall, utility and kitchen, along with a sizeable attic. Subject to all relevant permissions and consents it is thought there may be considerable scope to refurbish / extend the existing house which has a mains gas connection. The house is not listed but does stand in a conservation area.
Early viewing is advised.
Attractive enclosed private garden with direct beach access.
At the end of the garden on the sea wall there is a workshop outbuilding with store below.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY10 3BD
Fixtures & Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains gas, water, drainage and electricity.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars & Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from April 2023
Websites & Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, Rettie and Co, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
rettie & Co, Their Clients And Any Joint Agents Give Notice That
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
Rettie is one of the most trusted and well-respected names in property. Our unrivalled market knowledge helps people from around the world buy, sell, let and develop property in Scotland and the North East of England - from city apartments and rural cottages to large townhouses and prime country homes, farms and estates. We deal with some of the most prestigious properties on the market, but provide the same exceptional standards of service and value for money to all our clients.