Christmas Wreath Making
Watch Horticulturist, Carol Pickthall, create a stunning traditional Christmas Wreath in celebration of the start of December and our Festive campaign.
Click to view the Masterclass
We are sure you will all be inspired to try some wreath making yourself and we would love to see how everyone gets on. For your chance to win a Magnum of Champagne with Two Glasses follow Carol's guide and show us your Christmas Wreath! Once created (or bought), post on Instagram with the #31daysofrettie for your chance to win.
To create your own Christmas Wreath, you will need...
- 1 x Copper Wire ring 12 inches/30cms (available on Amazon or at your local garden centre)
- Fresh moss – Freshly scarified from the lawn, if dry soak for 15 minutes before using (available on Amazon).
- 5/6 pieces x Conifer, for example Lawsons Cyprus, Chamaecyparis lawsoniana.
- 14/16 Sprigs x Variegated Holly, Ilex aquifolium ‘Argenteo Marginata’
- 2 rows each row with 20/22 sprigs x Plain Green Holly - Ilex aquifolium
- 25/27 sprigs x Yew, Taxus baccata
- Berries, either Holly or Skimmia
And follow the method in Carol's video! Thank you Carol and Merry Christmas when it comes.