Moving day can be a stressful experience, whether you are a first-time buyer or a seasoned homeowner. With so much to think about and plan for, it's easy to overlook important details. In this blog, we'll discuss what you need to consider on moving day, including how to manage your mortgage, and how Rettie Financial Services can help you with your mortgage renewal.
Preparing for Moving Day
Moving day requires a lot of planning and preparation, and it's essential to have a clear plan in place to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some tips to help you prepare for moving day:
- Start packing early - Packing can take longer than you think, so it's essential to start as early as possible. Begin by packing non-essential items, and work your way up to items that you use regularly.
- Label boxes clearly - Label each box with its contents and the room it belongs in. This will make unpacking much easier when you arrive at your new home.
- Notify utilities - Notify your utility providers of your move and arrange to have your services disconnected at your old property and reconnected at your new property.
- Arrange for professional help - Consider hiring a professional moving company to help with the move. This will take the pressure off you and ensure that your belongings are transported safely.
- Download our moving home check list from the Home Buying App
If you have a mortgage, it's important to manage it carefully on moving day. Rettie Financial Services can help you with your mortgage renewal and ensure that you are getting the best deal for your needs. With access to mortgage monitoring and resources like the Home Buying App , Rettie can provide you with the support and guidance you need to make your move as stress-free as possible.
For more information on the home buying process, including a moving home checklist, you can download our Home Buying App . Simply enter the code 'rettie' when prompted to access the app. The app offers a wealth of information and resources to help you navigate the home buying process, including information on solicitors, valuations, mortgage and more.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY with our Mortgage and Protection Team to organise a no obligation consultation.
Call us on: 03301 759 977
Email us on: [email protected]
Rettie Financial Services Ltd is an appointed representative of Mortgage Advice Bureau Limited and Mortgage Advice Bureau (Derby) Limited which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Rettie Financial Services Ltd. Registered Office Address: Deuchrie, Dunbar, East Lothian, United Kingdom, EH42 1TG. Registered in Scotland Number: SC711925.
For insurance business we offer products from a choice of insurers.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
You may have to pay an early repayment charge to your existing lender if you remortgage.
There is no guarantee that it will be possible to arrange continuous letting of your property, nor that rental income will be sufficient to meet the cost of your mortgage.
There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
The fee is up to 1% but a typical fee is 0.3% of the amount borrowed.